Chapter 6

We'd been driving for about fifteen minutes before we arrived at Chili's. There was only twenty-five minutes left of lunch so I knew we wouldnt have enough time to eat and talk.

He parked near the front entrance and cut the truck off. Before he got out, I stopped him.

"We don't have enough time for this," I paused, looking away from him. "Maybe we could just talk."

"Ight." He said, settling back down.

He got out a smoke and lit it.

I sat there waiting for him to speak. I kept thinking that he was going to apologize and maybe want to make things better between us.

"I mean.. Why else would he want to take me out to eat?" I thought to myself.

I cleared my throat and looked at him. "So what is it that we needed to talk about?" I asked, after him not saying anything.

He flicked his smoke out the window and looked at me, his eyes holding no care in them.

"Lila," he spoke, my name coming out of his mouth like silk, "I have a nice business going on. Making money is no longer a problem for me.. But for the last few months I've been having some problems with my supplier."

I stared at him, not sure of where he was going with this.

"He got arrested and won't be out anytime soon.. So guess what that means?" He questioned me.

"You need a new one?" I guessed.

He smiled and continued. " That's right. And your brother, can help me get a new one. A bigger and better one. He somehow has the connects with a guy down in Charlotte where y'all use to stay and he says he can hook me up."

"Okay..." I thought. "Why is he telling me this?"

He saw my confused face and went on. "Imma need Rudy around until I get in good terms with this new connect. So that means, you needa keep your mouth shut about what happened between me and you."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because if he finds out and gets angry and feels the need to come n' disrespect me.. He might find his dead body on the side of the freeway."

"Well, what about your boys? They were just making fun of me this morning!" I yelled, anger building up in me from the memories.

"They'll keep quiet. I can assure you that. But if you don't feel like keeping your mouth shut, then I can promise you that there's a place right beside Rudy on that freeway just for you. Got it?"

I nodded.

"Good."

He turned away and started the engine. He waited a few seconds then started backing out.

I looked out the window, my hands shaking. I couldn't breathe right. I couldn't see either; the unshed tears blocking my view.

"He only wanted to threaten me.. Not apologize for everything he's done. What is wrong with me?"

I leaned my head on the window and tried to make sure he didn't see me in tears.

I stayed like that until we reached the school and oh boy, could I not wait to get the hėll up out of that car.

He parked and before I could jump out he grabbed my arm.

"Don't hate me for your mistakes Lila. You need to grow up." And with that he let me go and hopped out.

I watched him walk in front of the truck and towards the school.

"Well at least I'm not some pusşy asş bıtch." I said, my anger at an all time high. I hopped out and crossed my arms, ready for a fight.

He stopped walking and looked back at me. He eyes held disbelief at first.. Then the anger struck.

"The f*ck you just say to me?!" He yelled, striding back over to me.

He slammed me into the side door but I kept it cool and tried not to look as scared as I really was.

"You f*cked me, played me and then you felt the need to threaten my life?" I angrily asked. "And I remember you called me a 'fat asş'.. Well, why did you f*ck me if I'm such a 'fat asş'?!"

Kyro backed up and looked behind him for a few moments then looked back at me.

"Pusşy is pusşy, baby girl. And you gave yours up pretty easily. So why not?" He said, smiling. He got in my face, his breath on mine. "Imma walk away with this tho.... You're a fat, ugly, short, easy asş broad with no life. Maybe you should be mad at yourself for even being alive right now." And with that he walked off.

I stood there, for what seemed like forever, staring at his retreating back. All the familiar feelings of wanting to die coming back but I didn't show any emotion on my face, I never did when I felt this way.

I aimlessly walked to the school, not knowing where I was going. I stopped and leaned on a pole near an entrance, standing there looking up at the sky. The tears falling down my face feeling warm.

"Lila." A familar country accent called out.

I turned to it and saw Riley walking towards me.

"Lila, what's wrong?" She asked, seeing my tears.

She grabbed me into a hug and held me. "Wanna tell me what happened?"

I shook my head 'no'.

She caught that I didn't want to talk and just held onto me. She started talking about random things and rubbed my back.

I really don't know how to describe it but I wasn't crying, my face was neutral and I couldn't really feel, but the tears were still coming down. I couldn't control them.

"Lila, if you're torn up 'bout missin' our lunch plans then it's all right. I forgive ya." She said in a joking tone. I smiled at that and looked up at her.

If this is what it felt like having a friend by your side... Then it sure did feel amazing.

----------------

Comment and vote please! ♡