When You Call My Name

Quick little note, this is my first ever Clexa story. It will only be a few chapters but I hope you guys will enjoy it. Posting a new chapter every day until it's completed.

     Flashes of white light seemed to have blinded her. She couldn't feel anything other than the searing pain rattling in her head and yet Madi knew she had to stay still. The damage, whatever it had been, was eating away at her as she tried to regain her vision. Her chest heaved as she coughed. Her skin felt cold yet warm at the same time and here she was wanting to scream, but no sound came out. Whispers surrounded her as someone cackled nearby. A shadow blocked out the bright glow from above.

     "If you're so important to her, she'll come." The man smirked. She could almost make out his face but headaches began to daze her. "You might be wondering where you are."

     The pre-teen shook her head to one side, the weight of the action almost causing her to black out. She had become the Commander to protect her people and yet here she was, in some blinding unknown space captured by some unknown figure.

     "Hey, McCreary." A voice called out from the distance. Madi might not have known that person, but she knew of the name in which he spoke.

     "What is it?"

     "She's outside the ship."

     Madi groaned, her head going back into another pounding session as if her thoughts were fighting one another and she could feel each one. The man above her slowly moved back, taking a breath of fresh air before tapping the girl's leg.

     "It looks as if Mommy's here." The man seemed thrilled to have been sought after. He left Madi's side as she slowly began to drift unconscious. She knew she was in danger the moment she opened her eyes within the chip implanted in her head.

     "Madi....Madi.." her name began to echo through the darkness which engulfed her. She couldn't pinpoint the source, so she blindly stretched her fingers out in front of her and began to walk. Her name rapidly hit her ears one call after the other, each coming in different tones. She knew them, it was the past Commanders anxiously calling out to her and yet unlike all the other times she'd visit them, she couldn't see this time.

     "I'm lost." The small girl called out into the air, her heart heaving as she anxiously wandered on.

     "Calm." One voice echoed.

     "Be strong." Another hissed.

     "Come."

     "This way."

     "Follow my voice."

     "Follow our voice."

     It was one message after the other, turning the small brunette around in circles as she tried to place the familiar calls. Usually there would be a tower for her to visit, or a river or forest. But today, at this moment, darkness still carried her.

     "I can't see." Madi tried to let them know.

     "Something's wrong." A whispered voice brushed her ear before she shook her head. She was awake once more, outside of the chip, finally able to see. The room she lay in was indeed some type of hospital room inside of the ship Clarke wanted to takeover. Madi shifted one way and then the other, but she couldn't completely move. Her eyes shot towards her arms and wrist, each strapped down tightly against the table she lay perched on.

     "No!" She panicked, twisting her foot before shifting her arm. "Let me go." She angrily fought, turning her head once more before a searing pain shot through the back of her head. She instantly felt herself go blind. It only lasted a second as tears finally streaked her cheeks.