6. I Silently Pray To God It's Not My Name

After last nights events, I'm feeling rather tired, which is why I end up late to my first class: Life Skills.

The teacher makes me sit somewhere up the back and I'm too busy rubbing my eyes and yawning to even notice who I'm being seated with. It's only until this person says hello that I realise who it is.

"Oh, hey," I smile, taking in his athletic features, his brown hair and his gorgeous brown eyes.

"Why were you late?" Bailey asks.

"Aren't I giving it away? I'm really tired. I went to bed later than usual, woke up at, like, three and woke up before my alarm," I reply, struggling to hold in a yawn. "Therefore, not much sleep."

Bailey chuckles, his lips quirking upwards. "Every teenager's nightmare; waking up before their alarm."

At that, I laugh too, happiness bubbling inside me. "Yeah."

Talking to Bailey has become increasingly easy, the more we actually interact. I know a lot of his friends disapprove of him talking to me, but he is the grade's most popular guy, so no one is going to contradict him.

To his face, at least.

I have heard some of his friends - ones that aren't as close as Steven and Newt - say that Bailey's an absolute idiot, talking to the far girl like they're friends. It has not only slightly damaged Bailey's image in their eyes, but it has majorly damaged my image and my 'title'. Now, some people are calling me a hooker. Of course, they probably got the idea from Bianca who would have overheard Steven on the first day back.

To much dismay, I bring myself back into the room.

My timing is perfect because our teacher, Miss Finch, is telling us about an assignment.

"So, this assignment will be a partner assignment," Miss Finch says. Students perk up and look at their friends, smiling. I curse the teacher under my breath.  "And I will be choosing partners."

The class groans and smiles vanish. My spirits lift slightly, knowing that I won't be left without a partner.

"Please just talk amongst yourselves while I get your partners sorted out," Miss Finch moves over to her desk and starts tapping away at her computer.

Suddenly remembering why I'm so tired, I grab out my phone and text Eddie.

Hey, I'm allowed to hang out on the weekend. I'm actually allowed to go out whenever I want now. :)

I quickly slip my phone back into the pocket of my jeans before anyone can dob me in. I glance around and see Bailey staring right at me.

"Who's Eddie?" he asks, his voice stern. He fixes me with a gaze and I'm confused as to why he looks so angry and, well, jealous.

"Um, he's a friend of mine. We both work at KFC," I reply, not taking my eyes off his. My heart starts beating faster the longer we stare at each other.

You're just panicking cause you don't want him to be angry with you, the little voice inside me reassures.

"Right," Bailey sighs, turning away for a second before he turns back. "Excited for this partner work?"

"Nope." The answer is quick to escape my mouth. 

Bailey chuckles, throwing his head back slightly. I see his perfect teeth as his lips curl into a smile.