Chapter 9 Part 2 "Hello Boys"

Start from the beginning

"We weren't too far," said Grayson...or was that Rider? Terrant only met them a few days ago on their reservation, to invite them to the war council. He found their leading style to be quite amazing. They both actually seemed to share the role of Alpha and Beta interchangeably. However, when asked they both would only accept their own title.

"Well, everyone is getting settled. There is a complementary change of clothes in your rooms if you feel so inclined to use them." Joseph was gesturing toward the waiting maid who was smiling politely as she bowed.

"Any word yet?" Rider asked.

Joseph's smile turned serious, "nothing yet. I will let you know as soon as I know."

Terrant turned with a inquisitive look and Joseph shrugged. "They want to know if Alpha Winters is coming. They have some reservations that they control within the Winters pack land."

"So you have met Alpha Winters?" Terrant asked.

The brothers exchanged a look. "No not exactly. We mostly handle all our business with Beta Garrett or Omega Gia."

The other brother smirked. "The only rule is we are not allowed into the Pack City unless we ask permission from his highness."

"Pack City?" Terrant said looking at Joseph for explanation. Joseph just smiled at him and shook his head.

"Oh yeah, Alpha Winters has a whole city that only has wolves in it; no humans are allowed in. Alpha Winters has some sort of spell over the city. It's pretty cool. He must have some deep pockets. Eh?" He nudged his brother in the ribs, who returned with a knowing smile.

"How is it that they can tell me more about Alpha Winters then you can?" Terrant asked looking at Joseph.

"Oh, we never signed the blood pact. We have dealings with the Winters pack even though we have never actually met the Alpha." Terrant nodded, thoughtfully.

"Well go ahead and follow Marie; she will show you to your rooms." Joseph gestured to the patiently waiting girl and they followed her down the hall.

Terrant turned back to Joseph. "You have got to tell me how to tell them apart."

The next 10 minutes was greeting the last two Alphas. Alpha Diego Hernandez, controls most of the wolves in southern California and Arizona, was a large Latino man with tan skin, dark eyes, and a goatee. His face appeared to be twisted into a permanent angry scowl, like a bulldog. He stomped over to Terrant and Joseph, greeting them in Spanish.

Peter looked curiously at Terrant as Alpha Hernandez was led to his room, "What did you do to him?"

Terrant shrugged, " nothing... That was his happy face."

The last Alpha to arrive was Alpha Nathan Freeman with his son Alpha Intent Asher. Alpha Freeman was tall with dark black skin and a strict no nonsense attitude. His son looked to be a black and Asian mix, which must be due to his mother. They appeared to be prepping the Alpha and Beta intent to take over their pack soon.

As Alpha Freeman and his party were leaving down the hall, Terrant gave an exacerbated look at Joseph. "I didn't realize how many different characters we invited to spend long periods of time together."

Joseph grinned back, "the trick is making them realize that it was their idea the whole time." Joseph patted Terrant on his shoulder as they continued down the hallway. "You ready?"

Terrant sighed, "yeah,... it's just...my whole plan falls apart without the Winters pack."

Joseph steered them towards his office. "I have a good feeling that Alpha Winters is going to come around."

He opened the door and Terrant went inside, immediately plopping down in one of the soft armchairs in front of the desk. "So did you make Alpha Winters believe it was his idea in the first place?" Terrant asked grabbing at a random book on his desk and flipping it open.

Joseph stretched his hands above his head, "Oh no.... No. Alpha Winters is too smart." His expression grew solemn, "I just explained what was really at stake. That the Winters pack may survive but,... it would be doubtful the rest of us would. Besides you can tell from the little tidbits of information from the Black brothers; Alpha Winters won't be able to hide... his identity for much longer."

Terrant looked at Joseph's face curiously. "I have a bad feeling that there is information about Alpha Winters that will blow up in my face."

Joseph smiled sadly down at his desk. "Hopefully not, but as you said we did invite some very big personalities to spend long hours in a room together."

Terrant studied Joseph for a moment more before deciding to lighten the mood. "How can you read this?" He threw the book back on the desk, it was a copy of New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. "It is just our world manipulated to create a bunch of human fan girls."

Joseph glanced at the book and smiled sadly. "It is not mine." He stood up and took the book brushing his fingers across the title and then set it back down on his desk. In a second he was back to his cool, collected self as he straightened his tie and picked off an invisible piece of lint. He walked over to the bookshelf and started pulling down books.

"What are you doing?"

"Adding to the collection of books that you intend to steal from me." He pulled out another book and started making a pile on his desk.

"You mean borrow?"

Joseph shrugged. "Steal. Borrow. Whatever you want to call it when you take my books and forget to give them back."

Terrant smirked, "Well now that you are complying to my book borrowing methods. I will consider this group of books a gift."

Joseph rolled his eyes and started muttering under his breath something about being a smartass, and no morals. "Some of these books might be helpful, and I would appreciate it if they made it back to MY library."

Terrant took the top book and snorted, 'The Alpha book of Alphas'. "This looks promising."

Joseph glanced back and said, "you would be surprised. The title might sound stupid but it was quite an interesting read on the history of Alpha's all the way up to the 1600's-" Joseph's eyes glazed over for a second as he received a message. He blinked quickly and put down the books in his hands. "Peter says that all the Alpha's are waiting in the conference room."

"Well that wasn't much of a break," Terrant said standing up and straightening his suit. He looked up at Joseph and smirked. Joseph gave him an evil grin, and opened the door next to him that led into the adjoining council room. 

*Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment! I love constructive criticism, however if it becomes mean I will take you down.*

-LostArrow-