Chapter 1: New House, New Life, New... Roomates?

Not a cloud was to be seen in the vast blue sky. Wind weaved through the leaves in the trees, like someone was trying to weave a basket out of the leaves and breeze. The sun shone through the many limb-like branches of the trees, reflecting off of the water which resided in the puddles and pond near the newly inhabited, yet run-down house.

A man could be seen lifting boxes out of his car's trunk and hauling them into the ramshackle house, carefully, as if it could collapse at any moment. This man, he wasn't ordinary, nor extraordinary, nor plain just not ordinary.

The man struggled with depression for a good chunk of his life, from his early teens, to his current life, in his early twenties. He moved away from his hometown to this house near the city's outskirts, to try and deal with it, to hopefully get better and back on his feet.

He had the support of his family and friends, yet nothing they did really helped him with his depression. Because of his struggling, he regularly got into fights with family members, friends, one series of particular fights also resulted in his girlfriend leaving him.

He let out a sigh before putting the last box down, then closed the door behind him. He looked around the house, checking each room, each already furnished, save for the bedroom and two guest rooms.

In the living room hung eight paintings. There were seven portraits, the first one was a pale man with slicked-back red hair, hazel eyes, and a fine burgundy suit with a black cravat, decorated with several different kinds of tacky pins and brooches. His visible hand is resting under his chin, each finger decorated with sparkling, almost gaudy rings. He wore a smile, happily flaunting what wealth he had in his painting. In the frame was a plaque with the word "greed" engraved in it.

The second portrait was a lightly-tanned woman wearing a burgundy cloak over a red off-shoulder dress with long flowing sleeves, and a sparkly silver lily barrette in her curly short chestnut brown locks. Her thin lips were pulled up into a smile, her light brown, orangeish eyes were droopy, as if she would fall asleep any second. The plaque in the frame read "sloth."

The third portrait was a dark-skinned man with spiky dark brown hair and a cocky grin on his face. He wore a navy blue blazer over a black vest and grey dress shirt, a black tie laying neatly on his chest. His eyes were a pale greyish-green colour, holding a proud and confident gaze, almost emanating the confident aura through his portrait. The plaque was engraved with "pride."

The fourth portrait was a pale woman with an eye patch over her right eye, a scar partly visible beneath it. Her visible eye was a lovely shade of ice blue. The corners of her mouth were pulled down in a slight frown, her lovely locks of blonde hair flowing over her shoulders, partly covering her blazer and blouse with the first four buttons undone, showing more scars. Her gaze seemed to pierce into those who set their eyes on her portrait. "Wrath" was engraved in the painting's plaque.

The fifth portrait was a man with black hair almost down to his shoulders, covering one of his sharp grey eyes. He wore a wrinkled greyish-green shirt with the top three buttons undone, a tie draped across his shoulders, also undone. He wore a scowl on his lips, his visible hand running a hand through his hair. The painting's plaque was engraved with "Envy."

The sixth portrait was a somewhat chubby man with curly and messy black hair, wearing a baggy-fitting black dress shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his biceps. He wore a goofy smile on his face, amazingly pearly white teeth showing. His eyes were squinted from smiling, but the colour of his eyes were visible. They were a warm brown colour, like that of tempered chocolate. The portrait had the word "Gluttony" engraved in the plaque.

The seventh portrait was a fair and gorgeous woman with clear skin and a large bust, a revealing low-cut black strapless dress. Her visible gloved hand pulled a couple of locks of long and luscious black hair behind her ear, her eyes were half-lidded and an amazing shade of green, just as, if not greener than the lushest of forests. Her lips were plump and red, pulled into a seductive smirk, as if she was ready to pounce on you. The plaque on the frame of the portrait read "Lust."