Hypnotized to Love Me

Title: Hypnotized to Love Me

-------------------------------

Hey everyone! Long time no see for some of you. I will be completing this story within the year. Let me know what you think!

---------------------------------------

"Hannah!" I hear my name yelled from up above. I look up and see Emily trying to get my attention.

"Hannah, how does this look?" she asks from the top of the ladder. I step back and survey the banner we spent ages making.

"Looks great Emily. Now get down here and help me with the balloons." I say, turning around and walking back to the table where two helium tanks and hundreds of balloons are scattered. I sigh looking at what we still have to get ready. Emily walks over to me and looks down and mirrors my sentiments.

"This is going to take forever," she says with a sigh.

"Then we better get at it," I say back with false confidence.

We start filling up the balloons with helium and tie strings on them then place them where they need to go.

"We should also just blow them up regularly and scatter them all over the floor," I say in the middle of getting ready to blow one up.

"Sure, Hannah, whatever you say," she replies while rolling her eyes. I brush this off and continue what I'm doing.

Yep. We are the Homecoming committee. We used to have more of us, but they got "sick" at the last minute. It just so happens to be the day of Homecoming to make everything better. I'm a junior this year, and out of the goodness of my naïve little heart I signed up for this. Don't get me wrong, dances are great and everything, if all you have to do is go to it. I'm also President of the Junior class and I felt like it was my responsibility. I had no clue what I was getting myself into. It's too late now. We have to get this done. And Emily. Oh, Emily. If I had known she was going to do this, I definately wouldn't have done it. Emily and I, let's just say, have had our differences. By differences, I mean she's stolen at least three of my friend's boyfriends since we were in 8th grade. I'm probably exaggerating. But whatever, I can be civil.

Several hours later we finally finish everything,  and I look around at our job well done. Perfect. We have lights hanging everywhere and balloons are scattered all over the floor. I dust off my hands and smile, satisfied.

"Well, see you tonight, Emily. You made sure the music is ready and the other attractions are coming tonight right?

"Of course, Hannah. See ya." She walks away swaying her hips as she goes. I stare after her. What a skank.

I walk over to my house to pick up all my things and then go to Amanda's. Amanda has been my friend since grade school and her house is like my 2nd home and vice versa. It helps that we're all in walking distance of each other, too. I go up to the porch and open the door and walk in. I hear girls talking upstairs so I head up there.

"Hannah!" Amanda gives me a bear hug and I struggle to stay upright.

"Ok! Ok! I'm here. Now let me breathe." I say, struggling in her grasp. She holds me at arms length and stares into my face intensely.

"Ok. Let's get to work," she says in a determined voice. I look over and see Casey, Gena, and Michelle.

"Hey guys." I wave at them with a smile on my face.

"Hey!" They chorus.

They're already dressed and ready and are prepared to give me a hand.

"We only have one hour and fifteen minutes to make you stunning," Amanda says to me with a look on her face that means it's going to be plenty of time.