7

I thought the song I attached fit the mood for this chapter :) you can listen to it while reading!

"Good morning, Michelle."

Michelle chose to ignore the voice, adjusting her head against the pillow. It was silent for a few minutes, and Michelle was on the verge of falling back asleep.

Suddenly, the curtains automatically whipped open, causing Michelle to yell angrily, sunlight burning through her eyelids.

"Friday, goddammit! You can't just get me out of bed like that!"

"I apologise, Michelle. Mr Stark said that you need to get up early."

Michelle whined, keeping her eyes closed and pushing herself up from the bed with her hands. "And why would he want that?"

"You are to go to the gym with Peter. You must exercise to recover faster and become healthier."

Michelle lazily pushed herself up from the bed, eyes drooping as she made a beeline for the closet.

After going through the plethora of clothes, she chose to wear a loose black shirt, a black sports bra and black tights. With these clothes, she somehow looked good.

What was also weird was that the clothes fit perfectly, and she didn't want to know how that was possible.

Michelle tilted her head down, noticing a drawer at the bottom of the closet. She squatted down and pulled it open, gasping at the number of shoes packed in there.

There were sneakers, slippers, sports shoes, and even high heels - although Michelle didn't see the need for wearing those while she was here. She pulled out the neon sports shoes, and slipped them onto her feet, before standing back up to head to the bathroom and freshen up.

°°°

Michelle was in no hurry to reach the gym on time. If she had to suffer, later on, she was going to do it on her terms.

Michelle stared back down at the phone provided by Tony in her hand, which was showing her directions to the gym. The map pointed to the corridor on her right, and she obeyed, eyes glued to the device.

Focused on the directions, she didn't notice the man turning the corner, and bumped into him roughly, feeling herself lose balance and fall backwards as her phone dropped out of her hands.

Michelle didn't feel her head hit the hard concrete floor, confused when she found herself dropping into someone's arms instead, and had her phone pressed back in her hand, all within a split second.

Michelle frowned, looking up to meet a set of piercing blue eyes of the silver-haired man holding her. She recognised him, rendered speechless. "You're, uh, you-"

"Pietro."

The man smiled sweetly, placing one of his hands on the small of Michelle's back and pushing her back up on her feet. "Aren't- aren't you- why aren't, I don't know-" Michelle mumbled, still shocked at the man, who was supposed to be dead, in front of her.

"You mean to ask me why I am alive because I was killed in Sokovia, yes? I don't know. You would have to ask Stark. He won't tell me, but I guess there was a great sacrifice made, blah blah, you get it."

Michelle nodded her head, not wanting to pry any further before she awkwardly stuck out her free hand. "Well, I'm MJ, or Michelle, I'm okay with either now, and I'm Peter Parker's friend."

Pietro took her hand, briefly shaking it. "Ah yes, that's why I recognise your gorgeous face. I've heard Peter talk about you before. He even showed Wanda and I a picture of his school friends, and you were in it."