Skinny Love 🕊️

"Because, (Y/N), I--"

Just when I thought we were breaking down the tallest barrier between us, something has to break it down. The door beside us swung open to reveal another familiar male in my life.

His cold, dead eyes turned towards us as a glance before looking away. Like his mind couldn't process what he saw that quickly, he had to look at us straight on.

"What?" I asked, face flustered from being caught in such a questionable position.

"Never minded your business before?" Eric finished for me, achingly slow moving his body away from my own.

"Might want to cut it out. Newbies behind me." Four shrugged casually, finally removing his eyes off of the movie going on beside him.

He begun his ascend to the mats like he didn't just catch a woman in a relationship flirting with an outsider. A reluctant sigh escaped pass my lips, having a feeling that me and Eric would never end up in such a close proximity for awhile.

He always does this; he comes running to me and just when the going gets good, he rips himself away from the vines I've circled around him.

I shoved his warmth away from my flustered form, knowing he would've continued until he got what he wanted.

"Maybe some day, you can actually talk to me again and we'll be how we were." I whispered the wish between us, hoping it would come true.

My biggest regret was walking right past him like the ghost he always felt like when it came to my memories. A stray person wandering around as if he owned the place.

My brain was his home and I wanted it to be permenant.

"You're going to regret being with him." He muttered to himself, but I heard every nasty word.

I stopped the instant I registered what he had spoke into the thick air. Our backs faced each other like we were in a old western. The only guns we had holstered we're our hearts of ice and fire.

I wanted to burn with him, but it's hard to burn ice.

"Saying yes to something when you don't even trust him."

"We're allowed to do one thing," My eyes stayed focus on Four's back, "to believe we won't regret the decisions we make."

Once I said what I wanted to say without hearing his retailation, I walked away towards Four, who continued to watch the drama unfold.

I kept walking even after I heard the door slam shut instead of automatically shutting again. He must really hate them doors not giving him his dramatic exit.

Four sat on the railing of one of our closed-in rings, pretending not to have heard or seen anything between us. Four is good like that; he keeps his mouth shut unless it's important.

Petty relationships aren't his kind of thing.

"It's okay." I smiled up at him, even though his eyes trained on the door that Eric took out, "I don't care. It doesn't effect me."

Four chuckled at the obviously lie, crossing his arms over his chest as he balanced.

Slowly, the chuckle became a low hum, "I'm not ever going to be on his side, but maybe his words hold truth. Leo just doesn't seem like the one for you."

I felt my spine lean against the rail he sat on, both of our arms crossed as we waited patiently for something to happen.

"Maybe so but I don't.. want to be alone anymore."

Was it really about being lonely anymore?

"Who said you were alone in the first place?"

I know what he was doing; he was rooting around in my head to find the seed of all of this. Truth be told, I couldn't even admit it to myself that my biggest love wasn't for Leo.

"Eric." I breathed out on instinct, "Without him, I feel so lonely. I love you like a brother, but Eric is a glue that brings my heart and mind at peace."

I'm constantly at war with my own beating organ and my thinking bean. I want love but not the love that Leo brings to the table.

"But yet you choose to be with someone who's merely soggy tape?"

"Eric is a asshole, so it only proves that the chances with him were always going to be nonexistence. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to prove to him that I love him." I confided in one of my oldest friends.

"I'd do anything to protect his body and mind. He was the one that never gave me a chance, Four. So, why waste my love on someone who wouldn't give me an hour?"

Again, his chuckle was low with his own sick humor, "I bet he feels the same way about you."

By the time I looked at him with such curiosity, the doors to the Pit swung open with the rest of the leaders leading the initiates inside.

I focused in on the man leading them all in.

"Good morning, beautiful." He repeated like he was waking me up all over again.

Reality just set in. I smiled at his voice, remembering the routine we caught ourselves in like clockwork. Yet, something was missing from it all.

"Morning." I giggled the giggle I knew he loved.

"What was wrong with Eric?" He questioned once we came face-to-face.

His eyes turned cold at the mention of someone who was suppose to be our mutual friend.

|| 4 ||