Chapter 2: What a gentleman?

Three. Two. One

And it's time for lunch!!!!

"And don't forget to complete the assignment" Mr McLain said.

I loved math, i always made As when it came to math but I had to admit, the class was boring and too long. Mr McLain was a great guy but how could a man be stuffed with boredom. I didn't mean to sound harsh but sometimes, you have to be honest.

I depended on the little reading I did myself and besides, I didn't mean to sound all egotistical but I was really smart. All I needed was a copy of the note or a textbook from the library and boom, a big A waiting for me.

I heard some students sigh and some muttered 'finally'. They all stood up and found their ways out of the class. It seemed like the atmosphere in the class alone was boredom for me.

Daily reminder, I don't like school.

I could accept a boring teacher all day, I also could accept sitting in an extremely quiet class but there was no way I could accept the look Dylan gave me. He'd been starring at me since the class commenced. It made me feel like I was McLain himself.

I just hoped I wasn't going to be his next victim, like I call it. Dylan pranking me could be my worst nightmare if there was nothing like ghosts or demons.

I didn't want to be the school's trending topic. He had the power to make my life in Bluefalls a complete nightmare and all he had to do was to pull a dumb prank on me.

What was at with the kid and pranking anyway. Doesn't he get tired of it?

As much as I hated school, it was the only place I got to stay without being beaten or insulted and I didn't want him to make him to make it a nightmare. If he tries to prank me, I promise he'll get it.

In case you don't know then I'm telling you now. I'm really good at pulling pranks. I might be a really gentle girl that does nothing but put my head behind books and get straight As but if he tries to make my life a nightmare, I might as well retaliate.

Pushing those thoughts behind me head, I packed my books on the table and

Ouch!

My thigh hit the edge of the desk. The pain from my thigh came again but this time it was even worse. It affected my whole leg, I felt handicapped for a moment.

What's with me and clumsiness?

I felt all my books fall on the ground as I held unto the desk. I checked my lap and almost faint at it's condition. My thigh had blood on it and it was increasing as seconds passed. It was just a spot but I wasn't a fan of blood, I really really wasn't a fan of blood. It wasn't my thing, I didn't want to see it. Though it wasn't that noticeable from afar but my leggings had blood on it.

Blood.

I checked around to be sure no one saw me. Then it came to my notice. Dylan was watching my every move. He took slow steps forward and it was then I noticed I was already panicking. I'd rather have a teacher know that letting Dylan know I had a fork go through my thigh this morning. Life suddenly smiled at me and an idea popped into my head. I took off my sweater and tied it around my waist, making it look like an apron.

And the award for the smartest person alive goes to, Diana Kent!

I packed my books and stormed out. He stopped walking when he noticed I was walking away. I guess the sweater really helped. I walked out of the class with my books. I guess wearing black leggings was the beat idea for a Monday. At least, it was far better than white.