03

Alex

"You've got to be kidding me

"You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm serious, Joan. I'm so fired." I sighed, before downing yet another shot.

I was already maybe four or five shots in.

"This is some deep shit." Derek whispered to himself as he ordered another round for us. I had finally made it to Tully's at around close to midnight. It was now far past bar closing, but since Joan's brother (Tully) owned the bar, we weren't in any hurry to leave.

"Well here's to Alex having to look for a new I.T. job after he fails to salvage one very messed up laptop!" Joan's cheered. We all took another round of shots.

I was definitely starting to see double. Or triple. Or really nothing at all. I couldn't tell anymore.

The last thing I do remember telling the gang was that they might be carrying out a body by the end of the night.

Christian

When my body finally hit those sheets, the feeling of content washed over me

When my body finally hit those sheets, the feeling of content washed over me. I pulled out my second laptop that was securely charging on my bedside. I wasn't sure what was compelling me to pull up the building security cameras, but curiosity was definitely a factor.

My mind wandered back to earlier this evening.

It was only when I made it down to the main lobby, did I then realize I'd forgotten my key card in the office. As soon as I arrived back on the fifth floor, that's when I overheard the conversation that was flowing out from my office.

"I can't even fucking explain it. I was brought in by some guy to take a look at Christian fucking Ivanov's laptop." The man said.

Christian fucking Ivanov? Who the fuck did this guy think he was? Other than our I.T. guy apparently.

"At first I'm thinking fine. Okay. Whatever. I'm literally going to have to send you a picture of this laptop. It's been smashed to pieces, Joan. Looks like someone put this through a freaking wood-chipper."