Chapter 25

A/N: Thanks you guys for all the wonderful comments! This chapter is pretty suspenseful, too! Hope you guys like it! Votes, comments, and whatnot are appreciated!

I stared at the board, refusing to look at him. My face was red, and I could feel my face heating up from the situation. I knew I had to face this, but little did I know it would be so difficult.

He hadn’t even looked my way once since I entered the room. He had glanced at the door as I walked in, but his face quickly scrunched up in a sour expression and lost all of its humorous undertones. He had straightened himself out to face someone else, and I knew this wouldn’t be pretty.

I had spared him several glances out of the corner of my eye by turning my head slightly to look at him. After the third glance or so, he cleared his throat angrily, and I quickly looked away. And here I was, still trying not to look at him.

“Alright, well you may now take the last ten minutes to work on tonight’s homework. You may work with one another,” the voice quickly pulled me back into reality as it spoke. I quickly straightened out my composure and turned clockwise so I wouldn’t see Jake to find Tabby.

She smiled at me and motioned that she’d be over in a minute. The person on my right rose up and left with her items, leaving the desk open. I just wanted to talk to Tabby to get my head straight. I knew she’d help me work it out somehow, some way.

Suddenly, Jack came over to the empty desk and sat down in the empty desk. He smiled at me and placed his bag on the floor beside him. 

“Uh... my friend was gonna sit there,” I said nervously. He ran his fingers through his hair before setting his face on his hand.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I just wanted to tell you it was nice to see you at the party. You looked really good,” he said slowly, enunciating each word. I couldn’t believe he just said that.

“Oh, uh, oh my. Thanks,” I said, stammering. Smiling at him, I didn’t notice Tabby beside me until she poked my head.

“Um, Kat?” she said. My head shifted to her, but my eyes never left Jack’s.

“What is it?” I asked. I heard her sigh and the sound of a desk being moved. Ripping my eyes away from Jack, I saw Tabby had sat down behind Jake.

“As I was saying, you should dress like that more often. Sexy looks really good on you,” he said a little louder. I glanced back at him and smiled.

“Oh, did you get a good look while you were about to beat the hell out of that one guy?” I heard a familiar voice behind me. I tried to turn to look at Jake, but Jack quickly stopped me by putting his arm on my leg.

“Would you maybe like to come to another one?” he asked, his smile still never leaving his face. I blushed, still confused to what was going on and why he was all of a sudden talking to me.

“Sure, I guess. When will it be?” I asked, unsure with my answer.

“Oh, I see, now she’s the new bimbo, right?” I heard Jake say. Again, I thought of turning to comment, slightly glad he was talking, but Jack was already speaking again.

“I’ll get back to you on that. So I’m guessing you had a good time?” he asked. I smiled and nodded.

“Hellooooo. Of course she had a good time, my lips were on hers,” Jake retorted. My face reddened, and as I glanced to look at Jake, I saw Tabby biting her cheeks in surprise.

“Hey, listen, you got a problem over there?” Jack suddenly snapped angrily. I was able to finally look at Jake normally for the first time, and I wasn’t surprised to find the amused expression back on his face.