-5-

The bus looked like... Well, a bus. There were graffiti stars on the sides, but that's the only thing Percy saw that set it apart from the public transportation Percy knew.

"Where to... Hamun?" The tentacle man says. "Just call me Percy," Percy says. "And I'm not really sure..." The tentacle man sighs dramatically. "Here Perry." The tentacle alien says, tossing a crinkled paper to Percy. He looked at it and saw the pictures that would be on a map, but the words swirled off the page.

"Um... Do you have something else... In Greek preferably?" "But you speak English." He says. "I can't read English though." "Hamuns are strange. Can't even read the language they speak." Tentacle man grumbled as he tossing back another map. "What's your name?" Percy asks the driver as he started the bus. He said a series of 'z' sounds and weird pauses that were filled with grunting noises. What were his parents doing when they named him?

"Uhhhhhh..." Percy says, trying to make his lips form at least one word of the tentacle man's name.

"Call me Tim." Tim the Tentacle Man. I've heard crazier titles. Percy thinks. He looked at the map and saw different planets, all of which had little lines of words under them. They were sort of like descriptions. Percy's eyes settled on a planet name Goruk.

Goruk

This planet is one of the eldest known planets to have a supreme leader that rules the entire planet. Currently, this planet is ruled by King J'viar Se'calem, the Slayer of Thousands.

Percy chuckled at the cliche title.

It is a rocky landscape, and it's nights are 16 hours long.

The dam sun is hardly up.

Great start for beginning travelers who are skilled fighters. Tournaments pay in all different currencies.

Does this mean they pay Percy in Earth money AND space money? Cool.

Inhabitants: Gorums, the average female being 7ft tall and eight inches wide. Auburn hair, yellow eyes, and rough scaly skin. Average male being approximately 12ft in height 36 inches in width.

Fun Fact: The male Gorum has up to four hundred offspring at a time, but the female can only nurse two. The other three hundred ninety-eight are given as sacrifices to the king who does as he pleases with them.

How the living hell was that considered a fun fact? But if this is a good bet for beginners, Percy didn't think he should pass it up.

"Tim?" Percy calls out. "Did you not read the requirements?" Minimal talking on SolarTravels bus. Percy ignored the tentacle man's question. "How frequently do you retrieve passengers?" Percy asks. "In human time, 7 years, but on Goruk it can feel like 1. There should be an announcement for the SolarTravel's arrival." Tim says. "How'd you...?" Percy asks the tentacle man. He knew Percy wanted to go to Goruk, but how?

"The reason there's minimal talking on the bus. I'm telepathic and I've been listening to you calling me 'Tentacle Man' since you got on the bus." Oh cool. "So you're telepathic?" "Yes, now shut up all this talking makes my brain hurt." Percy wondered if this telepathic thing was a good or bad thing. Does that mean he heard when Percy said that he was one to talk when he said we weren't the prettiest? If he did, Tim showed no sign of offense.

"This is your destination, Perry. Have fun." Tim says, turning towards Percy. Percy's vibrant sea-green eyes connected with Tim's. At least Percy thought they did. He couldn't see them through the tentacles.

"Stay alive Hamun." Percy gave a lopsided smile. "See you in seven years, Timmy." "Don't call me that."

DemonsFromAbove

Sorry it's short. I'm writing this on a phone.