t w e n t y e i g h t

Spencer's POV

"Everybody, gather around."

I turn around swiftly to spot Hotch marching into the room, Prentiss on his tail.

"We think we've found an address," Hotch states. "We checked medical records with adoption records, and we think we found a match. Trevor Carter."

"Well, let's get the hell out of here, then," I hear Morgan say.

"Spencer, maybe it'll be best if you stay," JJ says softly, getting everyone to look in my direction.

"I... I can't. I have to find Tessa."

"And we will, kid," Morgan says. "But we can find her."

"There's no way in hell I'm not going," I grit through my teeth.

"Okay, fine," Morgan raises his hands in defense.

Quickly everyone got their stuff together, throwing on their bullet proof vests and getting their guns ready.

Every bone in my body was ready to kill this man, and I had never felt this way about anyone in my entire life.

"Let's go."

•••

"Listen here, you little bitch."

I glance up from the ground, and look up at Trevor standing in front of me with a small silver knife in his hand.

My eyelids felt heavy, and all I wanted to do was sleep. I knew if I did fall asleep though, there was a chance I'd never wake up.

My body was screaming in pain. Cuts, bruises, and burns littered my body, and I knew I had a broken rib. It felt had to breathe, and I had no idea how much longer I could go.

I looked up at the tv, no matter the time, it always had a red light on the camera facing me, and I was sure it kept recording.

"God damnit."

I'm startled when I suddenly hear the slam of a door being opened, I sighed. Trevor always slammed open the door when it was time to torture.

"Hey there, sis."

"Trevor, please stop," I plead, I don't know how much more pain I could take. "Please."

"Well, you're in luck," Trevor says, almost as if venom was dripping from his lips. "Today it ends."

"What... what do you mean?"

"I kill you."

The words makes my heart stop, and I could tell he was dead serious.

"Aren't you scared?"

I look at him, a tear or two in my eyes. I didn't want to die, hell, does anyone? But at this point, I just wanted the pain to end.

"There's more to be scared of than death, Trevor."

He looks at me, studying. He doesn't say anything as he turns around to face the table with the various torture devices. His hand floats above different ones as he tries to pinpoint what one he wants.

I look back towards the tv, a tear running down my face. I try to think of my team, what they were doing to help me. Hotch and Prentiss were probably talking about the case, while Garcia was heavily concentrated typing on her computer, Morgan biting his nails, JJ pacing the room, and Spencer watching me in this very moment. Our eyes would meet, but neither of us would know for sure.

I wanted to tell them so many things.

"Now how do you want to die, sister?"

"You don't need to do this."

He grabs a butchers knife from the table, and touched the sharp edge of it with one finger, like in every horror. I gulp.

He walks slowly towards me, a devilish smile on his face. I knew he wasn't going to hesitate.

"Goodbye, Theresa."

He holds the knife up to my throat, and I wince as I start to feel it digging into my skin.

Suddenly, we hear a loud bang upstairs. Trevor looks up, then back at me with hate.

"Who the hell is that?"

"I-I don't know..."

"FBI! Trevor we know you're here!"

Every bone and muscle in my body jumped for joy. I recognized the voice, Morgan.

Trevor looks shocked, and turns to me before raising his hand with the knife in it.

"Stop!" I yell.

He drops his arm and the knife drags hard against my chest up through my neck.

The chair I was tied to gets knocked over, and I'm on my side. The blood was everywhere, and I could taste it's metallic self in my mouth.

I cough, spitting it into a pile next to me. My vision gets blurry as I look up towards Trevor. He was standing up looking to the stairs.

Something must've happened because it seemed darker and darker. I try to keep my eyes open.

"Tess!"

Spencer.

I could faintly hear Spencer's voice.

My eyes shut.

Gunshot.

I don't open my eyes, I can't.

I feel something on my arm, but I still don't have the energy to open my eyes.

"Hey, Tess, you'll going to be okay. It's okay. We have an ambulance on the way. It's okay."

Spencer.

That's all I could think.