Chapter 2

Chapter 2:
Shawn's POV:

Axel and I arrived at the hospital about 10 minutes later. We pretty much ran through the doors because we don't want doctors taking tests on him and might get us all exposed and thats never good. Each step we get closer to the door the more excited my wolf gets. I swear he gets excited at the most weirdest times. As soon as Axel and I run through the doors, I stop dead in my tracks because I smell the most amazing smell in the universe. It smells like Sugar and Vanilla my mouth is pratically watering. I'm raking through my mind trying to think of what that smell could be.

"Mate," My wolf Ryder says answering my question.

I get all giddy telling Axel who I just discovered. He told me congrats and that he will find David while I go find my mate.

I'm smiling so much and I start running all over the hospital following her scent. I can't believe this day has come. I FINALLY FOUND MY MATE! Nothing can ruin my happiness. NOTHING I REPEAT MWAHAHAHA. Yeah I'm practically a mad man now but I honestly don't care. I finally reached the door. The door that has my gorgeous mate behind it. I start getting nervous thinking of all the what ifs.

What if she rejects me?

What if she hates my position as alpha?

What if she's in love with somebody else?

I growled at that last one. I put all my nerves aside and open the door. Only to be stopped dead in my tracks again. I think I just jinxed my self because I just saw the one thing that ruined my happiness completely.

My Mate lying on the hospital bed with a tube in her mouth with what I'm assuming is her mother and father next to her bed crying and starring at her. Well that's until their heads jerk up at the sound of me opening the door and now their starring at me. Her father speaks up saying the most dreadful question.

"Who are you?" He asks with slight anger rising. I try to come up with something but I can't think of anything until I come out and say

"I'm a friend of your daughters," I said nodding my head to my beautiful mate.

"How do you know she was here? We haven't contacted any of her friends or anyone for that matter," Her father replies looking at me completly confused.

"I saw them bringing her into the hospital from work and I ran here as fast as I could after my shift." I can't believe I'm lying to my mates dad.

"Oh. Well your probably wanna know what happened to her right?" He asked the question thats been on my mind ever since I opened the door. I just nod my head and he sucks in a deep breath. "Well it happened last night she was in her room and my wife and are in the living room watching tv when all of a sudden we hear a huge crash." I see him shed a tear. "My wife and I run into Lauren's room and see her on the floor coughing up blood. But that wasn't even the worst part." He stops again looking at his daughter aka my mate holding her hand and starts continuing again, "All of a sudden she just dropped on the floor not being able to breath. We call 911 and they come taking her in an ambulance, while my wife and I wake up our other children." He nodded to the 3 figures in the corner that I didn't notice till now their was 2 girls and 1 boy. One of the girls looked older than my mate maybe like 21 and the other daughter was just a baby and the boy looked about 4. You can really see the similarity between them all with the brown hair and similar facial features. The girls, including my mate, look exactly like their mom while the boy looks like his dad. I notice all the children had blue eyes while the parents had brown eyes. I wonder what color my mates eyes are. I snap out when I hear my mates father talking again. "We drove here to the hospital and waited several hours until the doctor came and told us she has a heart condition and that it's been going on for a while constantly giving her mini heart attacks and failed attempts of breathing for a bit. He then asked if she ever said anything about this and we shook our heads no because we had no idea this was happening to her. The doctor also said she might not even wake up," her dad finishes while having tears coming down his face and shaking violently while hugging his wife.

I can't believe this happened to my little fragile mate. It just made me angry that her parents didn't even notice this was happening to their daughter. But it also made me upset that she might never wake up. I would never be able to officially meet her or hear her beautiful voice or her beautiful eyes.

I recover a bit and tell my mates father "Go home sir with your family. You guys look like you need some rest and something to eat. I'll stay here with her," I added the last part when I saw him shaking his head no. I see him slowly getting up with his wife and grabbing her children and start to leave but saying a small 'thanks' to me. I just nod my head.

When they leave i quickly sit next to my mate's bed, taking her father's chair and holding my mates hand and telling her "Lauren, your name is so beautiful and so are you. You have to wake up so I can see your beautiful eyes and hear your beautiful voice and so you can meet me. I know you're human and I despise them but I think I can live with them and not hate them so much if it means I can be with you and protect you and love you. I will never give up on you I will be here everyday next to your bed until you wake up and I KNOW you will wake up, you have to." I kiss her forehead and just keep starring at her hopefully she will wake up.