Chapter 3: The Host Club

"You've got to be kidding me," you said with the cake in your hand. The whole room was filled with girls waiting to get a glimpse of their host. Some girls were even whining over the fact that they had to wait for their turn. Kyoya inpatiently pushed you foward. You sent him a glare before walking towards Honey-senpai's table.

Kyoya introduced you to everyone already, since you became his assistent. He needed help with managing the Host Club. Or bringing cake to Honey. He looked up at you with a smile. Mori didn't pay any attention to you as Honey took a bite of the cake. The girls opposite of him were squeeling.

"Thank you, (Y/N)-chan~" he said with his mouth full. You just shrugged and walked back to Kyoya. He was siting on a table seperated from the others. There were only two chairs. One for him and one for you. You sat down on the chair with a sigh. Kyoya didn't look up. The chatter and squeels was the only thing you heard.

"After this you can go home," Kyoya finally spoke up. You didn't glance his way, nor did you respond. There was nothing else to do for you here. You didn't go to this school. For the rest of the time, Kyoya didn't speak to you. Sometimes some of the Hosts will ask for more tea or snacks.

Besides that, you didn't do much. Just observing the Hosts, including Kyoya. He pushes his glasses up his nose a lot. You noticed he calculates fasts and his handwriting is elegant. Yours on the other hand was messy and even unreadable for yourself.

You sighed as Honey asked for more cake. Leaving Kyoya again, you went to see if there was more of the Host's favorite food.

~◇~

"Is it true that you were at the circus that day?" Haruhi asked you walking down the hallway. The exit was in the same direction as Haruhi's same class so you walked together. You nodded not facing her. "I need to repay, Kyoya, too. He's pretty serious about those things."

"You do?" you asked surprised. "But don't you have the money for that? I mean, Ouran isn't a cheap school." Haruhi shook her head and told the whole story of meeting the Hosts. You frowned as you heard that they thought Haruhi was a guy. She had a pretty feminine face.

"Working as his assistent is way worse than being a host," you stated. Haruhi smiled softly.

"Well, I guess that is true."