CHAPTER 32

You and the boys are now standing in the police station's front desk. Grunting with the effort, you and Sherlock puts on your coats.

John tucks his wallet into his back pocket. "Well, thanks for a ... you know ... an evening."

You turn and walk away from the desk and John and Sherlock follows behind you.

"It was awful." you heard Sherlock.

"Yeah. I was gonna pretend, but it was, truly. But, wait... (y/n)." John called.

You look around to face them, "hmm?"

"You're drunk last night."

"Uhuh." you said, raising an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"It's because Sherlock didn't let me come with you." you said and turns again to walk.

"That woman, Tessa." Sherlock said

"What?" John asked.

"Dated a ghost. The most interesting case for months. What a wasted opportunity."

"... Okay." John replied.

"I need to know more about her and the other women. I'll research about them, you coming Sherlock?" you asked as you hail a cab.

"Of course, but answer us first." He said.

You look at them frowning, "What do you want?"

"Yeah, last night. Why are you really drunk? Hmm?" John ask agitated.

You rolled your eyes, "What? Am I not allowed to get drunk?"

"No, that's not what I meant."

"John, don't start lecturing me. I'm an adult. I can drink whenever I want, I can get drunk if I want to. Now if you can excuse me, I'm going now. Go for the next cab, I need to think." you said as you enter your taxi, "Call me if you need anything." then the taxi drive straight to Baker Street.

IDATEDAGHOST.COM

you type to your browser, this is the site that Tessa said. You browse and browse the contents of the web site, all of them were left by the said man after they spent a night together. Interesting.

You talk to different woman from the page and ask them different questions to know if they have something in common, but nothing seems to connect them all. And then, something clicks to your mind. "Your secret, do you have a secret?" You send to them they all said No quickly.

You smiled to yourself, finally getting the answer you needed but before you can ask them more questions they immediately said goodbye:

Gail: Bye~

Charlotte: I gotta go!

Robyn: Next time girl.

Tessa: Enjoy the wedding..

You close all of your laptops angrily. Obviously they all have a secret. The big question is what?

Holding a newspaper, you quickly turn the pages until you reaches the Obituaries page. "He’s stealing the identity of corpses... getting the names from the Obituary columns." You said to yourself. You pick up another newspaper from the pile beside you and turns to the relevant page. "All single men. He’s using the dead man’s flat under the assumption it’ll be empty for a while. Free love nest. No-one wants to use a dead man’s home... Least not until it’s been cleared. So, he disguises himself, steals the man’s home, steals his identity." you rested your back in your chair, thinking hard. "He’s a mayfly. He lives for a day. So – what was it he was looking for? And, why? Why would he date all of those women and not return their calls?"