Chapter 9

*2 Months Later*

"He is not going to come in first!" I screamed at Alana.

"Yes he is! He's totally going to win this heat!" She screamed.

"He's going to come in second or third." I stated. We both had our eyes glued to the TV as we watched Michael Phelps, in his heat for the for some swimming race. What can I say? We love the Olympics.

"BOOM. He came in third!" I shouted.

"At least he'll still gets to race tonight!" She shouted back. Every time we watch the Olympics this happens.

"Whateverrrr. He still got THIRD!" I'm so mean sometimes. I stood up on the couch and chanted "Third third thir-"Alana reach over and smacked my legs out from under me.

"You have terrible sportsmanship." She stated. "We should make lunch now." We both got up and walked into my kitchen.

"We have, chicken sandwiches, or a grilled cheese." I said, looking in the fridge. "Grilled cheese." We both said, at the same time. I got the cheese out and turned on the burner.

"So, I think the next time Harry sees you, he's going to ask you to be his girlfriend." Alana said, with a smug grin.

"He is not. Besides, it's not like we're going to see him anytime soon He has to perform at the Olympics."

She rolled her eyes and got a drink of water. "Do you know what tomorrow is?"

"July 31st? Tuesday?"

"No, you dope. It's your birthday! You're going to be eighteen!" I groaned and put my head down on the counter. "C'mon Pres, you can't not do anything for your birthday!"

"Yes I can, I do it all the time."I shrugged.

She rolled her eyes at me. "You are not going to do nothing, I'm going to take you to a party."

"Oh I'm good, besides if Stevie found out I'm going to a party then she'd kill me."

"I'm still taking you. Tonight to be exact. Hey where is Stevie?" She said, as if she just noticed she wasn't here.

"Judd has a basketball summer camp, so she took him. They come home tomorrow."

"Just in time for your birthday!" She said excitedly. "Now you have time to go to the party, and she doesn't have to know."

"Alana I'm not lying to her."

"Then tell her tomorrow, she can't get mad at you on your birthday."

"Yes she can!" I said. "And she can get mad at me the next day too. So either way I'll get in trouble."

"Presley, you haven't gone to one party this summer. All you've been doing is hanging out with Stevie, and moping over Harry."

"No I haven't!" I protested.

"Fine then come to this party tonight. We're going off to school in three weeks. You need to at least do something fun."

I sighed. "Fine, but I have nothing to wear." I said, giving in.

"That's why I have the perfect dress for you." She said, smirking.

***