Chapter 24

AN: Sorry for the wait

Hunter's POV:

Last night was amazing. I had finally asked Ashley out! The way she sang last night, I all I could say was Wow. You're so whipped was what Josh told me when we got home. Jason came up and congratulated me on finally asking Ashley to go on a date with me.

I skipped into the kitchen with a huge smile. I grabbed some things and started making breakfast for myself. Ashley walked in and sat down. She looked like she slept for a week. She was smiling the whole time before her eyes fogged over. Someone must be mind linking her. I placed the plate of pancakes down but before I could take a bite someone took the whole plate from me. I growled and got ready to yell at the person. I looked up to see Ashley holding my plate with a smirk. I frowned as I tried grabbing it but she ran out the room. I followed only to see that she locked herself in our room. Yes I said our room. We're mates we can't last with out each other. She moved into my room a few days ago because she had a bad dream.

(AN: They went back to their pack)

I knocked on the door and Ashley opened it. She held an empty plate while holding a fork with one last bite on it. I quickly took the fork and ate the last bite. She smirked and handed me the plate. I scowled at her. I made breakfast for myself, she steals it, eats all of it, only gives me one bite, then makes me do the dishes. I stomped down the stairs grumpily and started doing the dishes. I put the plate back in the shelf after I dried it and as I closed the cabinet a furry ball of fluff ran into me. I picked it up to see that it was Ashley as a cute little Maltese. I scratched her behind the ears and smiled as she leaned in. I put her down and she hopped into the bar stool. Heather ran in panting.

"Where did she go?" She looked around the kitchen, opened all the cabinets but found nothing.

I picked up Ashley and ran out of the house. I heard Heather's footsteps as she chased me. Ashley licked my chin to thank me. I almost stumbled over a few branches as I ran into the woods. Heather had ran into the woods and shifted halfway there. I used some of my werewolf speed and ran to Ashton's pack.

(AN: Their packs are close by)

Ashton was giving them a speech when I got there. I heard some of it and was quite shocked and disgusted by what I heard.

"If anyone ever sees Britany or her family near our borders, show no mercy. Britany has pretended to be my mate. Cheated on me. And tried to take the Luna position. She had lied to all of us so she could get more power. So her family packed their bags and was forced to leave."

I went on stage and Ashton stopped. I gave him a tiny smile and handed him Ashley. He looked at me confused and looked down at Ashley. She licked his chin and climbed on top of his shoulder. Ashton told everyone to leave so I started to explain everything. We came up with a plan and I dashed into the woods. Something jumped on my back and I fell to the ground. I turned to see Heather growling at me. I smirked and showed her that I didn't have Ashley. She let out a whine and started sniffing the ground.

"Why are chasing her?" I asked.

'We we're playing tag with Josh, Jason, Brian, Ricky, and Lily. And I got tagged by Ashley so I decided to chase after her while the others are probably playing in the game room.' She replied as she started running to Ashton's pack house.

~~~

Ashley got tagged and I joined the game so she chased after me. I hid behind a bush as Heather climbed a tree. Ashley was still a Maltese so she shifted back only so she could tackle me.

~~~

I went back into our room with Ashley in my arms. Her eyes closed and she started snoring softly as I placed her on our bed gently. I kissed her on the forehead and fell asleep.