Break Up Pt. 1

SHORT VERSION: Management doesn't agree.

LONG VERSION: You had just walked into her and Paulina's apartment, helping carry in all the groceries. Sofia was on the couch, talking in the phone. It didn't sound like it was goin too well so you and Paulina stayed in the kitchen until she finished.

"Hi Belle," you said cheerfully, hoping thebnickname would make her smile like normal.

You leaned over the back of the couch and placed an angelic kiss on her forehead. You frowned when she just looked away and leaned her head into her hand.

"Sofia?" Paulina called.

You worriedly looked at Sofia. She always came rushing when she was called by anyone. Just what was that phone call?

"C'mon, we got your favorite," you walked around the couch to sit next to  her.

"I'm going to sleep," she sighed and got up without another word to you or Pau.

"What was that about? Are you okay?" Paulina rushed over and hugged you. "Don't worry I'll talk to her—"

"I think I should go..." you mumbled and stood up. "Will you tell her to call me when she feels better?" Pauline just nodded, knowing there was no arguing with you.

You helped her unpack the groceries and thanked her for understanding. As you were opening the door Sofia walked out from her room. She looked at you but looked away.

You couldn't tell what was in her eyes

You couldn't tell what was in her eyes. Whether she was sad or angry, maybe even both. Just what had you done?

You couldn't bare the silence and refused to cry in front of her so you left.

"Sofia what is wrong?" Paulina asked angrily.

"I can't be around her right now."

"Why?" Paulina marched towards her sister and crossed her arms. "Acting like this won't fix the problem you have with herZ what even is the problem?! She hasn't done anything!"

"I don't have a problem with her," Sofia was went to the window and opened it, stepping out onto the fire escape. "But my manager does..."

She watched you get into your car, closing your door with a loud thud and putting your forehead against the wheel. She watched, almost expressionless, as you drove off. She looked back to her sister and sighed.

"I love her too much to tell her," Sofia said, her voice laced with sadness

"Tell her what?" Paulina was shocked by the sudden change in her sisters voice.

"That I have to let her go..."