triger - and we've landed

__

"Breathe. You're going to be okay. Breathe and remember that you've been in this place before. You've been this uncomfortable and anxious and scared. And you've survived. Breath and know that you can survive this too. These feelings can't break you. They're painful and debilitating, but you can sit with them and eventually they will pass. Maybe not immediately, but sometime soon, they are going to fade and when they do, you'll look back at this moment and laugh for having doubted your resilience. I know it feels unbearable right now, but keep breathing, again and again. This will pass. I promise it will pass." - Danielle Koepke

__

Gorgina Foy P.O.V.

I feel the air on my face. I see my mom cuddle up to my dad on the couch as they watch another movie on our list, 'Red Sparrow' and making stupid comments here and there with me sitting on the other side. In this moment, I'm not stranded in my sky box cell. It's just the three of us.

But let me go back just a little... It's been 97 years since a nuclear apocalypse killed everyone on Earth, leaving the planet simmering in radiation. Fortunately, there were survivors at the time of the bombs. There is now only The Ark, one station forged from the many. We're told the Earth needs another 100 years to become survivable again. And man can go home, back to the ground. The ground, seeing my parents again but that's the dream.

This is reality. And reality sucks.

"Prisoner 304, face the wall." I don't have the energy to fight, and it's not because I really don't have it but I rather be in my mind than in the present.

"Hold out your right arm." The guard softly commands, knowing they have to treat me right with my dad being the head of the security detail.

I hold my arm and they put a metal wristband around my right wrist.
"What is it?" I finally speak up, staring at it, turning my wrist around, admiring it.

On The Ark, every crime, no matter how small, is punishable by death - unless you're under 18. And I don't turn eighteen for another two years.

"Earth." He replies and I change my focus to him, opening my mouth but nothing comes out.

Juvenile offenders get put here lockup. We call it the sky box.

I follow the instructions given to me, walking down the line until we reach our destination and guards are telling us which floor we got.

"Gorgie!" I turn to where I hear a voice calling my name to see my dad and my mom beside him, holding hands.

"Dad! Mom!" My voice breaks but I'll get it back when I start talking every day instead of... well almost never.

I step out of the line and go up to them, crushing them in a group hug.

"Look after yourself out there." My mom whispers into my ear as I pull away.

"I-Uhm. Yeah, yeah, I will." It was always one of my best characteristics, being responsible... except for that day.

"The guard has specific rules to look after you." My dad informs me making me roll my eyes with a giggle.

"I don't need someone looking after me, dad."

I turn my focus back to my mom who's taking off her necklace, the one she never takes off.
"What are you doing?" My throat hurts from speaking but talking to my parents seem to ease the pain.

"I want you to have this." She says as she pulls it over my head. I grab it in my hand, admiring the silver necklace with an 'F' initial for our last name. It was what my dad got my mom for their one year anniversary of dating.

"Mr. Foy, she has to go." A guard yells from inside the dropship.

"Keep it safe." My mom adds and I give them a weak smile, whispering 'I love you'.

I turn around, keeping my head low as I enter and get told to go to the third floor and find the last empty sit.

I let out a yawn as the lights go down, it wouldn't hurt to take a little nap, after all that's what I do all day.

BOOM

My head smashed the back of my head and it instantly starts throbbing. I let out a groan as I open my eyes and see everyone taking off their seatbelts.

"The outer door is on the lower level!" I hear someone yell and I take off my seatbelt once most people has gone down all levels.

"The air could be toxic."
"If the air is toxic, we're all dead, anyway."

I don't know who says what as I go down to the second floor and then the first but its all packed and I have to push my way to the front.

And that's when I make eye contact with the guard right by the door.

Bellamy Blake.

"Oh my god." I mumble under my breath but his attention is taken away from me as someone behind me speaks up.

"Bellamy?" The person pushes their way until they're beside me and that's when I recognize her as Bellamy's sister.

"My God, look how big you are." Bellamy comments before she wraps her arms around him.

Wait... Didn't one of the guards said Anthony had guard duty at dropship?

"What the hell are you wearing, a guard's uniform?"

"I borrowed it to get on the drop ship. Someone has got to keep an eye on you." I look away, not because I don't want to interrupt their little moment but mostly because I feel betrayed.

"Where's your wristband?" A blonde girl speaks up from beside me.
"Do you mind? I haven't seen my brother in a year." And that sentence causes chaos with everyone behind, screaming her name and that she's the girl they found hidden in the floor.

"Hey, it's alright, word is that she's one hard to deal with." I whisper into the blonde girl ear.

"You are?" She asks, turning her focus completely to me.

"Gorgie Foy." I whisper my last name low, I don't need everyone hating me as soon as we touch ground or even here.

"Clarke Griffin." I give her a nod before I focus back on what's around me.

"Like being the first person on the ground in 100 years." Oh gosh, and this surely won't end good.

I bite the inside of my cheek as Bellamy pulls a metal stick down, right when the door open I blink a few times, trying to get adjusted to the sun. It's all green around, we're in a forest.

I watch as Octavia steps off and does a little jump onto the soil.

"We're back, bitches!" Octavia screams, pulling her arms in the air and everyone runs off.

We're going to fuck this up so bad.

7/29/19