Chapter 5 - The Copy Cat Asshole

Kakashi unlocked the door to his apartment and held it open for me. I nodded and walked through the door. I was surprised to say the least. His house was very clean and organized in a simple way. "Nice place," I commented.

"Thanks, but it's not just mine anymore." He closed the door behind him. "It's yours now, too."

I slid off my shoes and started walking around. "This place is a little big for someone who lives by themself... Do you have a girlfriend? A wife maybe?"

Kakashi did the same with his shoes. "No. I've only loved one woman in my life, but...."

Not wanting to pry into his life, I changed the subject. "So... sleeping arrangements? I'm fine with sleeping on the floor, it doesn't bother me..." I've slept in much worst situations.

Kakashi sighed. "Sleeping arrangements? That's what you're worried about? I expected you to ask questions..."

I shook my head. "I have many questions, but few that can be answered at this very moment. I can't be rash; I will ask questions and make other decisions once I regain more memories. Know this, though," I turned towards him. "At this moment, all I know is that you left me to die, so I am on high alert and will continue to be until I gain a good reason to become lax."

"Akane," Kakashi said lowly. He slowly walked up and then wrapped his arms tightly around me while laying his chin on the top of my head. My body tensed up and I bit my lip. Was he this tall before? He has to be at least ten inches taller than me. "I really hope you remember the good times we had. I hate that the first thing you remembered is the one day of my life that I hate the most. The one day that I regret the most..."

"Kakashi, what are you doing..?" 

"Obito's gone, Rin's gone, Sensei is gone... When I died a couple of weeks ago, I saw everyone I cared about that had past. When I didn't see you, I figured you still hadn't forgiven me, even in the after life." 

"You died..?"

"Akane, you were my best friend... and now you're back. I can't let you just... come back and hate me."

I shook my head. "I don't hate you, necessarily. I don't have emotions yet, really..."

"I know," he lightly chuckled, thought he didn't seem genuinely amused. 

I sighed and slowly pushed away from him. "I don't know how someone with emotions would react, but the Core taught me to never let someone hurt me more than I've hurt them." He tilted his head slightly. "I wasn't very strong when I was a kid. But I am now. I don't trust you. Maybe you can teach me how to trust you after what you did, but for now, hurt me again and I will be the one to leave you to die."

I turned away from him, mainly to look around the house and partly because I couldn't look at his eyes for very long, knowing I just caused the sadness in them. I found the bathroom and washed the past three days of dirt from my face. I then went back to the living room where Kakashi wasn't anymore and sat down on the couch.

To trust Kakashi, or not trust Kakashi. We were best friends as kids but now? The first memory I recieved was terrible... Not a great first impression. I sighed. For the past fifteen years of my life, I was trained to kill with no emotion. To not trust people. To get rid of the people doing you wrong. And I get thrown into this situation?

I felt tears starting to form in my eyes and dropped my head into my hands.

Am I being irrational? It's not really my fault I'm confused and don't know how to react to all of this.

I'm not so sure I like this whole feelings thing.

"Kakashi, Kakashi, Kakashi..." I sighed while trying not to let so many tears escape my eyes.

"Yes?"

I jumped at the sound of his voice and then cringed. How did I not notice him before he said that? He walked and sat beside me. "Uh, it's nothing, really."

"Look at me then," he said, softly.

I kept my face hidden in my hands and sniffed. "I'd rather not. I like sitting like this," I lied.

He brushed my hair behind my ear and grabbed my arm. "C'mon, look at me. I don't think anybody's favorite sitting position is like that, Akane."

I sighed. "Fine. Say anything mean about how I look and I'll kill you," I said in all seriousness.

"Why would I do that?" I looked up and faced him. His eyes widened at the look of my teary eyes. "I thought you didn't have emotions? You can cry?"

I glared through my tears. "That's what you cared about? You're not gonna ask me what's wrong or did something happen? But 'you can cry?'"

He put his hands up in surrender. "No, that's not what I meant. Of course I want to know why you're crying but... It's just so confusing," he said with one hand rubbing the back of his neck.

I jumped up. "You're confused? All I know is The Core and how to defend myself and listen to the shinobi in charge. I don't know anything else. Oh wait. I know one more thing." I started off toward the one bedroom in this apartment. "The famous Copy Cat Ninja, Hatake Kakashi, is an asshole!"

I slammed the door shut and immediately got under the covers, which smelled strongly like Kakashi and closed my eyes, attempting to calm myself down.

I guess this is what anger and sadness feel like...