15. I am with the best team in the world

We are still crouched behind a car when behind us a lot of explosions start to go off. I get up to look but someone is already pulling me along to another car.

While I'm distracted by all the noise and explosions and aliens flying around, Clint, Nat and Steve are yelling things at each other. Then all of a sudden Nat grabs me by my arm and I run along with her.

We go inside this smaller building we were next to. There's no one else in there, so as we run through the empty building, it's quite easy to find a hiding spot.

"Go over there, Nova." She says, pointing at a small desk near the right wall but not to far from the door.

"Just stay here for a second. We'll be right back but we can't have you in all of this."

I nod. Trying to hide how scared I actually am. I don't want to be left alone, but I know it's better like this. Or safer at least.

"It's gonna be okay." Nat assures me and I nod again.

"If you need anything, just ask." She says, tapping my ear where the comm is.

"I will. But you should go back. I'll be fine." I reassure her. I give her my best smile, and she gives me one back before turning around and leaving the building.

I peak around the desk to see Nat shooting with two small guns while Clint has his bow and arrows. I see them kill some alien guys, and keep looking at what's happening until something makes the glass of the building shatter and I quickly dive behind the desk. So now instead of looking I just try to concentrate on the voices in my ear.  I don't follow what they are talking about. But just hearing my dad's voice every so often kind of calms me down. I'm just trying to peel some of the sharp little stones out of my socks so they don't hurt to much if I have to run. I look around me and see all the debris and glass shards on the floor.

When it seems to calm down a little outside, Nat comes back in and tells me to come along.

I run outside with her to see Thor jump down from somewhere while shooting the alien things with the lightning from his hammer. Then Steve, dressed completely in his captain America stuff, just starts talking to him like that was totally normal.

I hear dad through my earpiece and than Nat asks, "How do we do this."

Steve says something about a team and Thor said something about Loki and then Clint tells him to 'get in line'. But there's still a lot of noise around us. I have no idea what is happening.

Steve starts telling everyone what they have to do. But he gets interrupted by doctor Banner, who arrives on a small, old motorcycle or something. I wave at him, happy he's back from wherever he went. He gives a small wave back while walking over to the rest of us. 

"so, this all seems, horrible."

Nat looks back at him, saying, "I've seen worse."

Now I wanna know how it can be worse then this. Or, well no. Scratch that. I have enough nightmares as it is.

Bruce apologizes to Nat, who than tells him we could use a little worse. I don't know why she wants to make this all worse than it already is, but by this point I don't get anything anyways so they might as well just do that. Make it worse. What ever.

"Dad, he's here." I say through the comms, so that he at least knows that. Wouldn't surprise me if he already did cause he know pretty much anything.

"Banner?" He asks.

"Yeah. Just got here." Steve tells him.

"Then tell him to suit up." Dad continues. "I'm bringing the party to you."

And at that moment a little red guy, whom I know is, in fact, my dad in his suit. Being followed by one of those huge flying turtle snake things.

"Stark, Nova's still with us" Clint says through the ear piece, while Nat says something about not seeing how that's a party. I chuckle a little while looking up at the giant thing.

"Yes, yes, I got it." Dad says. He than flies straight at me. Slowing only a little bit to pick be up. I sling my arms around his neck as he pulls us off the ground.

"Hold on tight." 

He puts one of his big metal arms around me while keeping the other down so he can still fly easily. We go higher and higher. I can see all the buildings and aliens flying by. I turn my head to look at where the others are still standing. Doctor Banner turned into the Hulk and is slamming into the flying turtle dad brought. The thing goes down while it's back, or something, doubles over itself and comes towards us. Dad then stretches out his other arm and shoots it in its back so it goes down completely.

"Whoa" I breath while dad starts to slowly go back to the ground. He snorts a little when he puts me down. All around me are these people they call The Avengers. They are real life super heroes. Every one of them. Even though all of this is happening all around me, I feel safer than ever before. Close to my dad's side, surrounded by the best team  in the world. A super soldier. An actual god. Two of the best spies in the world. And well, the Hulk. And in that moment, I knew I was gonna be fine.

This chapter is waaaaay to short! I'm so sorry! I planned it differently but than I got to that last part and I just thought it was a good ending. So I just left it at that and I promise I'll give you another update soon! I do hope you like this story and please let me know if you have any feedback or something like that. I love hearing from you!!! See you next time!!!!!!!