A few days later a big council was made where Victoria would choose her job.

"We're wasting our time, Ginger wants to go with Newt and Newt would want her." Gally said tiredly, He tried to sound disintrest... but deep inside, He was happy that he got a chance to get Victoria back to normal.

"It's an open competition." Alby said as everyone sat down, Victoria looked away.

"What?" Zart didn't get it.

"Newt told me this morning that he won't take Victoria, He doesn't need new hands in the Track-Hoes right now." That's all what Alby said but it was enough to get the keepers curious.

Everyone thought that Victoria will jump and fight but she just nodded quietly.

What the hell is going on between Newt and Victoria???

"Winston, You go first." Alby said, trying to change subject and rush things up.

He didn't like the idea either but Newt was his friend and he had to accept his request.

Each keeper asked Victoria if she would like to work with them but she just shook her head as a no.

"Victoria, You have to choose one" Alby told her but she didn't want...

'I want Newt, Alby, I want to wake up...' She wanted to say.

Finally Alby decided to do a lottery and Frypan won.

Alby asked if everyone agrees and they nodded.

"Frypan, Do you agree?" Alby asked, Frypan nodded silently.

He was probably the only glader who had some idea what is actually going between the only girl glader and the second in comand...

And he felt so much guilt... He'll take Victoria for now, until Newt and her will finally talk...

"Victoria, Do you agree?" He asked her, Victoria just nodded, She knows there's no use telling them she doesn't want to... Newt had already decided...

The Council ended.

But the story just started, the Gladers were smart enough.

It can't be that Victoria will just stop talking all of the sudden and Newt won't show up to the Council.

And much importently: That Newt gave up on Victoria and didn't take her in...

They found out what happened but everyone agreed to leave Victoria and Newt alone and don't ask them about that...

Most of the time Newt acted normally, He did his job and talked to people...

And again, nobody knew what was going inside of him.

He knows he was harsh... He knows that even if what Victoria said was true, she didn't want it to happen...

When he lies down in his hammock, He looked over to the empty hammock, hoping to see the famillier gorgeous red hair of his best friend and a short time crush...

But she wasn't there... he yelled at the wrong tree and paid for that.

A tear slided down from his eye as he thought about all the fun they used to have...

Victoria was just curious, She just wanted the truth, It's not her fault he chose to lie. 

Victoria wasn't good either.

Nobody knew what was going inside of her too.

A lot of Gladers came to visit her from times to times: