Chapter 17: Surprises.

"What took you so long, (Y/n)?" Evie asked while forcefully pulling you into her room. "I've practically been waiting forever."

You shrugged as you answered, "Lost track of time?" It came out more of a question than an answer though. You looked around the room that Mal and Evie shared, the room was litter with fabrics and dresses. Dresses laid upon chairs and beds, fabrics lined the carpeted floor. You took note of how many dresses Evie made, it was quite a lot.

"Arms out." Evie instructed so she could take your measurements. 

"Where's Mal?" You asked out of curiosity. 

"She's out and about, doing something." She quickly changed the subject before you could ask any more questions. "So you ready fro cotillion?"

"As ready as I'll ever be."

"Well don't worry, your dress will be fantabulous."

"You really made all of these dresses?" You asked as she measured your bust, you motioned over to the rack of dresses with your head.

"Yep! I took me forever but it's worth it." She wrote down the measurement of your bust down onto a piece of paper. "It pays a good deal and I get to see people's faces light up whenever they see my creation for them, it makes me happy knowing that I'm creating joy for them."

"It seems nice," you sigh, "how much do you charge for dresses?" You didn't think about the cost of the dress, you were hoping that it wasn't going to be too expensive. You didn't have much money with you. Hell, you didn't have much money at all.

"It ranges from what people want." She answered, "If they want something extravagant then it'll cost more, like Chad's cape, that boy is something else."

"How much is this one going to cost?" 

"For you?" Evie asked, "It's free."

"Really?!" You screamed with joy.

"Yes, (Y/n). I refuse for you to pay for this dress." She giggled, "I don't make my closest friends pay for their dresses."

"Thank you so much, Evie!" You gushed.

Evie finished writing down all of your measurements and pulled out a long and beautiful dress. It was so beautiful, it was flowy and elegant, it was big but not too big to where you looked like a cupcake. There was a cut out around your chest and you knew it would make you look good, and not to mention it was black!

"I whipped it up this morning." Evie said while slipping you into the dress.  "It only took me an hour."

"Only an hour?" Your eyes grew large, "This would have taken me a year, then again, I don't even know how to sew."

Evie zipped up your dress to find that it fit you perfectly, it hugged all of your curves up top and made you look amazing.  (Dress is up top)

"Great!" She exclaimed, "I guessed my measurements right."

"I cannot thank you enough, Evie."

"It's no problem." She thought a minute before adding, "The only thing I want from you tonight, is for you to look stunning and for Harry to think so."

"You think he'll think that I'm beautiful?" You asked as you looked at yourself in the mirror.

"He already thinks you're beautiful and so do I," she exclaimed, "now go get your hair and makeup done."

"But-"

"Just go do it."

"Fine."

You trudged back to your room to do your makeup and hair. You looked at the door before opening it to find a yellow sticky note with terrible hand writing on it.