Chapter 6 - Do You Remember?

Start from the beginning

"Four kids?! That makes us-"

"A family of nine. I know."

I stared into the air. I have four kids with Angela?

"Is it too much?" she said.

I looked at her again. She was on the verge of tears.

"No, no... It's okay. When were our kids born?" I couldn't help but smile at the fact of having more kids.

"Rose and Jared were born on February 18th, 2006, and AJ on July 18th, 2007. This one's due in a couple of months." she ran her other hand over her stomach.

"How come we had more kids?"

"What do you mean?"

"If Jake wanted us to have a child, we would probably have separated by now, right? After our twins were born?"

She cleared her throat, "Oh... We, uh, developed feelings for each other..."

I felt myself blush. What? Impossible.

"I really missed you, Mike..." Angela was crying now. "Can I hold your hand? Please?"

Unsure, I put my hand out for her. She intertwined our fingers and sighed in relief.

It felt weird, to be honest. But also kind of right.

"I love you."

~

Angela: "I love you." I whispered to my husband.

I didn't really expect anything to be said in return, I honestly missed saying that to him.

Michael looked at our intertwined hands, "Do you know what we're having?"

"The baby?" I said, making him nod. "No, I wanted it to be a surprise."

Before he got a chance to stay anything else, the door burst open. It was Prince and Paris with Debbie.

"Daddy!" Paris attacked him in a giant hug. "I missed you so much..."

Prince joined their hug and both kids cried into their father's shoulder.

"Oh, my God... You're so big..." Michael gasped.

I looked at Debbie, confused. Her week wasn't up yet and I knew she wouldn't bring them back if I asked.

"Javon called, he told me what happened. I had to bring them back, I thought it would be good for him to see them." she told me.

I smiled gratefully at her and mouthed 'thank you'.

Michael looked between the two of us, obviously confused, "Bring them back? Wait, Debbie, what are you doing here?"

"I'll explain later." I promised.

"That's my queue to leave. I'll be in touch, Angela." Debbie smiled and kissed the children's heads before leaving.

"Daddy, you have to see AJ! She grew SO much." Paris excitedly said.

"How old is she again?" my husband looked at me, lost.

"She's ten months old."

I noticed it was all too much for him so I called Javon to take the kids.

"But we just got here, mom." Prince whined.

"I promise you can come back tomorrow, with the rest of your siblings. Your dad and I need to rest, it's been a long day."

They both hugged Michael again, very tightly, saying how much they love him.