reunion

You exhale.

Autumn leaves fell to your feet, crunching them underneath your old sneakers with each step forward. Hands in your pocket feeling for a paper, as a cool breeze gently caressed your skin. Fiddling around for a moment  you pulled out the crumpled paper from your pocket, on it the address of your old friends house. Not just any friend, this was Kick. Kick Buttowski.

" Oh, this seems to be the place ", you stepped in front of an old door and onto a cozy porch. You peered inside from the window. The curtains obstructing your view however it seems the light was still on. He's home.

You hesitantly ring the door bell, hearing footsteps approach the door from inside the house. " Once the door opens there's no turning back ", you thought to yourself. It opened. And behind it was a surprised Kick. You smiled awkwardly.

" (y-y/n ), I thought you - " the dare devil mumbled, his facial expression containing many emotions, a slight pink dusting his cheeks. He was so much taller now, who would've known he hit his growth spurt during high school. He also looked a lot more, mature. It was almost surreal.

You chuckled a bit at his expression, he looked so cute " Well you thought wrong Butt Boy, I'm back, permanently. So technically forever ! " you smiled at him.

" It's been so long. I thought you moved away for that lame boarding school thing ", he quickly regained his composure, trying to act like his normal cool self.

You had moved away when you both got to high school. Your parents thought a life outside this town and away from Kick; dubbed a bad influence, would suit you better. Who would've thought they'd miss this old town and decide to move back.

You explained stuff to Kick, you both sitting on his porch, catching up, joking around and overall just remembering how much you longed each others company. Before you knew it you were out there for hours. Just talking.

" Seriously ? You're still friends with Gunther ? " you laughed " I didn't think you'd stand the lil goofball after a few years in high school ! Talk about a dynamic duo huh ? " you chuckled

" Well I guess now it's a trio, someone unexpected just joined " Kick looked over his shoulder.

" What ? Already ! And you guys didn't even bother to tell me about it ?! " you playfully punched his shoulder, unexpectedly, he caught your fists.

" Well since there was no one better around, I've decided to allow you into our little duo, only you though... Don't tell Gunther " he chuckled, the same pink from earlier dusting his cheeks.

" Hey Kick ? " you said with an identical pink across your cheeks.

He let out a short hum in response.

" I know you're a daredevil in all and your supposed to be super brave and forward and stuff... but you do know we're still holding hands right ? "

He looked at you and then to your hands. His face as red as the stripes in his jacket as he turned around to hide his blush and his hands in his jacket pockets.

" I-I knew that... " you chuckled at his expression.

" I've gotta go it's getting late but... " you looked around and got on your tip toes. 'I can't believe I'm doing this' you thought. You closed you eyes and felt his soft skin against your own lips.

Although a quick peck you left him wide eyed and bashful. His face beyond red, his hand on his cheek.

" See ya at school on Monday, Butt Boy "you quickly stepped off his porch, the cool breeze brushing against your very warm cheeks.

Your heart jumping out of its chest.
" I can't believe I just did that ", you hid your blushing face as you walked home.

Little did you know, Kick was freaking out. A flustered cute mess you'd love to see.