Red Wing Investigators

<Tony>

That day we worked on simple things, since I noticed Peter was wincing with pain. After his shift was over, Peter nodded a goodbye and left the workshop. Instantly, I knew we had to do something.

I took the elevator upstairs to find Steve, Banner, and Sam sitting on the couch watching a TV show. "Guys, we need to do something about Peter. He's obviously not telling us something, and those bruises are coming from whatever environment he's living in." I told them.

Steve sat up with the remote and turned off the TV. "We can't do anything to find out without breaking any laws." He pointed out, sitting back onto the couch.

"That's why we're going to break one." I told them, sitting down on a comfy chair across from them.

"Tony, what are you suggesting?" Bruce questioned, pushing up his glasses.

"Red wing." I said, meeting Sam's gaze.

"Tony, no. That's just breaking Peter's privacy." Steve said.

"Well I think this is darker than what it seems." I told the three men. "Seriously, he's getting dark bruises on his body and deep cuts on his back. He's only fifteen, there's something shady happening and we can't find out what it is."

They all glance at each other.

"I'm serious. Whatever's happening to Peter, I think it's breaking worse laws than what we're about to do." I told them. "Now call Red Wing. We have to do this before Peter leaves the perimeter."

§

Soon enough Red Wing's camera was projected on the TV screen, and Sam was controlling the little robotic birdie with his device. We all sat down and watched intently.

<Peter>

After I gave my ID to the desk lady, I sat outside the building to write in my journal.

ᗪᗩY TᕼᖇEE Oᖴ ᔕTᗩᖇK IᑎTEᖇᑎᔕᕼIᑭ

𝙸 𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚜𝚕𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚛, 𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝙸 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚞𝚙 𝚝𝚘𝚍𝚊𝚢, 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚟𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚘𝚗𝚢 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑. 𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙰𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚎𝚛 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚙 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚞𝚋𝚕𝚒𝚌 𝚎𝚢𝚎.

Suddenly I froze while writing in my notebook, the hairs on the back of my neck standing up. I felt as though someone was watching me.

I glanced around nervously, wondering if someone thought I was a weirdo hanging out outside of the Avengers Tower. I decided to close up my notebook just in case, and stuff it in my backpack.

I hopped onto my bike and pedaled home quickly, still having the sense I was being watched. Is someone following me? I thought to myself, occasionally glancing behind me.

I decided that it was my imagination, since I was probably paranoid after what had happened this morning.

<Tony>

We watched as Peter sat outside writing something in his notebook. "I didn't think he spent that much time at the Tower after his shift is done." I admitted, watching as he wrote intently.

"He's probably waiting for a ride or something." Steve pointed out.

Suddenly, I saw him jerk his head up from his notebook. Peter glanced around, and Sam quickly hid Red Wing in some brush. Peter shoved his notebook in his backpack and hopped onto his bike.

We watched him pedal for about fifteen minutes, before he arrived at what looked like an average home. "Is there a way to get Red Wing in there without anyone noticing?" I questioned Sam.

"Invisibility mode. It uses retro-reflective panels." Sam told me, and hit a button on his device.

We watched as Peter placed his bike in the back of the house and opened the front door. Sam quickly snuck Red Wing inside and watched as Peter closed the door behind him.

"Peter!" We heard someone yell. We saw a lady and a man come walking into the room. "This is my new boyfriend Christian." She told him.

"So glad you broke up with your last boyfriend." Peter mumbled.

"Oh trust me honey!" The lady began with a scowl. "Jared left too many marks on you! I told Christian he could beat you when he felt like it." She snapped.

"What the hell?!" I shouted angrily. "Who's this Jared guy? And he beats Peter?" I questioned.

"You guys disgust me." Peter mumbled, and we saw the lady slap him across the face. Peter held his cheek in pain.

"Listen to me young boy!" The lady screeched, gripping onto his hair and forcing him to look her in the face. I saw pain flash in his eyes as she tugged on his hair.

"She's hurting him." Steve murmured.

"Don't you ever talk smack about me or my boyfriend! That's what got you that black eye in the first place!" The lady ordered. She let go and I watched as Peter scrambled up the stairs.

Sam had Red Wing slip into the room before Peter closed the door behind him. "What the hell, Peter!?" I saw a boy with scars on his face exclaim. "We told you not to get into any trouble!"

"Well I'm sorry Wade. They're stating that they beat up four year old girls like Bonnie for fun, and that's just disgusting." Peter grumbled.

"So how was your day at the Stark Internship?" Another boy asked. "Did Tony take his shirt off again?"

"Sorry Finn, but we didn't do much today. I was late because of the incidents this morning." Peter explained to him.

"Was Black Widow hot?" Another boy questioned.

"Chase, you really need to get over her. And I'm not sure, I didn't see her today." Peter told him.

The boys kept having normal conversations, while I sat on the couch with shock. "That orphanage is abusing children." I murmured.

"Yeah, well we need more evidence than a woman slapping Peter and tugging on his hair a little. I mean, when I was a kid I was slapped sometimes, no biggy." Sam told us.

"You're saying we can't report this to the police yet?" I questioned.

"Not yet, Tony. We need to get real evidence." Steve told me.

"So we just wait? And watch them beat up children?" I asked.

"It's all we can do." Sam told me.