Chapter 10

After informing Frankie on everything that occurred she lets out a sigh.

"You're in deep. You still planning on running away and getting out of here? Because if so, take me with you." Frankie laughs as I let out a huff.

"That's the thing. I don't know. It's hard because my group in Alexandria is great. They really treat me like family but with Negan it's just an emotional rollercoaster ride." I explain

"I hear you, Negan can be something else."

"You're telling me. And it's hard because I've known Negan before this and it's hard because he has changed so much. I mean he's the same guy personality wise. But now he carries a bat and murderers people. And that's a big difference from being a P.E. Teacher and holding kids after class, or making them run a mile. It's like he has lost all reasoning and morality. It's scary. I just wish him and Rick could come to some form of agreement and I could be free to go where I choose."

Frankie listens intently as I talk.

"Well, Negan seems to really like you. Even if he shows it in some messed up ways. Maybe if you can get him to trust you then you can work to get some kind of peace treaty going."

"I doubt it." I sigh, "they hate each other. Rightfully so. Blood has been spilled on both sides and I think it's going to be near impossible to mend it. But I've got to try, before they kill one another." I explain.

"Brooke, everything will be fine in the end. I'll help you plan something." Frankie offers as I smile.

"Thanks. It's just you know how it is with Negan. I feel like I am walking on a mine field. One wrong step and everything blows to pieces."

"We will figure something out." She smiles as I grab her a drink. Before this, I never took a sip of alcohol but now it's what gets me through. I am ashamed to say it but there's nothing worth being sober for these days.

"He wants me to come by again tonight."

"Well we better get you ready!" Frankie smiles.

"What do you mean?" I ask confused.

"We need to make you look absolutely stunning, I mean you're pretty to begin with so it shouldn't take much. You'll be so irresistible, Negan won't be able to say no."

"I've got to manipulate him." I smirk and Frankie smiles as it clicks in my foggy mind.

"What are you guys doing?" Amber asks walking over to where we are seated.

"Oh nothing, I'm just about to give Brooke a bit of a makeover." Frankie says.

"No way, okay I'm in." Amber accepts even though there was never an offer. Frankie grabs my hand and pulls me up and walks me to her room. She sits me down on a seat in front of a vanity. She pulls out a brush and begins brushing my hair. My hair is a lighter chestnut brown color, it's pin straight and goes to my back. She then grabs a bag full of drug store makeup.

"It's not the best quality but it's all Negan brought back." Frankie explains opening some mascara. Amber goes to find a nice dress to compliment my makeup. After finishing my makeup Amber and Frankie do my nails.

"I feel like it's prom night." I smirk, even though I didn't really get to go to my prom because of all this. So I guess this is the closest to it I'll ever get.

When they are finished Amber hands me a dress. It's a tight lace wine colored dress that just meets the mid thigh area.

"Oh heck no." I laugh. "I'm trying to swoon him, not be his prostitute." I joke.

"Oh come on Brooke. You've got to give a little to get a little." Amber laughs. I roll my eyes and go into the bathroom to slip on the dress. I feel beautiful in it. I look in the mirror for the first time and nearly gasp. They did good. They did real good. The makeup looks surprisingly natural for the amount they put on and the dress fits like a glove. But I was right, it is a tight dress. I walk out of the bathroom to see the girls reaction.

"Negan's gonna love it. You look hot!"

"Oh my god, I would kill to look as good as you in that dress." Amber smiles.

I still feel unsure.

"You don't think it's a bit much?" I ask smiling.

"I think it's just enough." Frankie responds.

I hope there are no walkers around that I need to fight because in this dress... I don't stand a chance.

I walk into the main room and feel every girls eyes on me and I'm not gonna lie, it's intimidating. Especially when they begin to murmur.

"Don't mind those bitches." Frankie whispers noticing my uncomfortable behavior. I smile back at her and slip on some black flats. I then open the door and walk down the hall.

"I'm doing this for Alexandria. I'm doing this for Alexandria." I repeat in my head over and over again. I walk down the hall and see Simon, he stares at me mouth slightly parted.

"Almost didn't recognize you at first, like the new look." He winks as my face cringes. I hate drawing attention to myself. My heart begins to race and I have my doubts as I grow closer to Negan's door.

"I AM DOING THIS FOR ALEXANDRIA." I am practically screaming to myself internally. I stop in front of his door and hesitate. I really want to run back to my room but I can't.

Before I can second guess it, I knock on the door.

"Who the fuck is it?" Negans husky voice calls.

"Brooke." I call back.

"Oh. Uh... Come in!" He screams as my hand reaches for the door knob.