Chapter 5

"Tu itni chup chup si kyu hai aaj?" Sahil asked sitting right next to Sanyukta on her comfy bed.

"Kaha chup chup hu...m perfectly normal." Sanyukta replied not looking at him and randomly surfed over internet to ignore Sahil's grilling session.

"There must be something Sanyu. Btw, tune apna article likhna start kiya??" Sahil asked again.

"Nehi. Mera mann nehi kar raha yaar. N feeling so tired today... M going to skip dinner man... Tu please Raghu kaja ko bolna mere liye coffee bhej de." Sanyukta said throwing her body in bed and hiding her face on pillow..

"Sanyu..tu thik hai na?? M really scared. Aaj Rajaji ke face pe kitna ajeeb sa expression tha na jab Kunwar ne bola ke tune unhe hara diya." Sahil asked Sayukta caressing her hairs, he was really worried for her. She was the only family to him, his sister, friend and even mother at times.

Sanyukta didn't moved a muscle but she did remembered how Rajaji was staring at Randhir with an unknown expression and almost stormed out of the room without saying a word. Randhir looked so vulnerable for a moment but before she could say anything even he walked away from there..

"maitn thik hu sahil.. Tu ja..mujhe bas coffee bhej de." Sanyukta said without opening her eyes.

"Tu coffee pi pi ke hi maregi pakka... Kitna caffeine legi aur. Pagal." Sahil mumbled under his mouth and took the exit.

Sanyukta stayed on her bed tired and confused but it seemed her sleep was somewhere lost with her own heart. She wondered if Randhir was fine or not.. everytime she would close her eyes she felt a hole in her stomach. She needed something, but what was that...she didn't know.

"Rajkumari...aap ki coffee."

"Raghu kaka, kitni baar bola hai humne aap hame Sanyukta bulayiye." Sanyukta said taking the cup from the elderly butler whom she fondly call kaka with affection.

"Hame maaf kare Sanyukta.. Hum bhul hi jate hai ke aap to baki Rajkumari jaisi ho hi nehi." The man replied fondly.

"Aaj itna shakkar kyu kam diya kaka? Aapko pata hai na mujhe sweet bahot chahiye." Sanyukta complaint sipping on her coffee.

"Wo Kunwar ji ke liye bhi hum coffee bana rahe the to..chini ki baad dimag se nikal gayi..hum aapke liye abhi shakkar late hai." The man said.

"Nehi nehi, rehne de ab. But ye Kunwar ji itni raat ko coffee kyu pi rahe hai?" Sanyukta asked nervously biting on her lips.

"Pata nehi..shayad unko aapki bimari lag gayi hai. Unhone khana bhi nehi khaya aapki tarah...chehra bhi utra hua hai sham se." The butler informed.

"Ohhh..." She nodded...

The butler collected her cup and went from her room. Even the amount of caffeine was not able to calm Sanyukta that night, she couldn't sit. Her heart was annoyingly poking her to follow her wicked ideas...but her brain was arguing against it brutally.

Randhir sipped on cup of his coffee and sat on the balcony after switching off the lights around it. He didn't need this lights, he hate the warmness and sharp gleam of the lights when his heart was drowning in darkness of its own. He hated how he was caged behind unseen golden bars, he was that beautiful bird whose wings were trimmed off, it was cared and seemed happy to everyone but inside he was always yearn to fly.. He knew his father was disappointed with him, his father couldn't accept the fact that his son can be defeated. His father was that person who refused to acknowledge that the world has changed and change is inevitable.

Randhir hated that even though he had prestigious engineering degree from FITE, he was just a show piece in his royal mahal. Randhir's attention broke when he heard something falling in his room... He wondered who can be there at that time...it was too dark inside too.. He could hear the footsteps coming towards him, he felt alerted and tiptoed inside to catch whoever it was. He was holding the remote of the lights in his hand but he wanted to caught the trespasser red handed. He heard a grasp right beside him and before he could grab the person he hit the corner of his bed and fallen above the person right on his mahogany bed. He felt softness under his body and he was afraid to switch on the light scaring what if was his dream only..