Chapter 8

I stumbled out of the room and made a dash for anyway far away. I didn't expect Niall to follow me, mainly because I knew he wouldn't leave Lux all by herself. He was the last person I wanted to see though.

A restroom sign caught my eye, and I quickly opened the door and locked myself in one of the narrow stalls. Tears stream down my face, most likely making my mascara run, but that was the least of my worries.

I took deep breaths, trying to control my sobbing, but it didn't help. My heart felt like it was shattered into a million pieces.

Everything Niall said kept replaying in my head. His words swirled around my brain, and it seemed like it was impossible to block them.

I just barely hear the bathroom door creak open over my sobs. "Claire, are you in here?" I hear the familiar Irish accent on the other side of the stall door. "Go away!" I croak out.

"Just listen to me for a second. I'm sorry I said what I did. It was in the heat of the moment. I didn't mean it." His voice is calm. He seemed like he had his temper under control. Unlike me, who would go off on him at any minute.

"Can you please just open the door so we can do this face to face?" He asks. I see his feet standing closer to the door. I let out a sigh and unlock the door, letting it open on it's own. Niall's face crumples when he sees the hurt look on my face.

"I really am sorry." He whispers.

"Why would you ever think that all I care about is Josh?" I ask, straight foward.

"He's the only one you've been spending time with. What about me? I'm your best friend. Remember last night when you slept with him... you and I were supposed to have a movie marathon after we went to the pool.." He says and leans up against the stall.

I totally forgot about that. I was so caught up in the lust of Josh that I didn't remember. "Uh, I... um..." I start to say, but the words don't come out.

"And speaking of sleeping with him, I can't believe you actually did that." He scoffs. "Well I did. And I liked it." I mutter and cross my arms. This was none of Niall's business anyway.

"He'll probably just use you for sex." He says and by the look on his face afterwards, I can tell that he regretted it.

"Josh likes me! He doesn't just want me for sex! I finally found a guy that treats me right, and this is how you act?! Are you jealous of him?" I take a step towards him, forcing him to back up.

"I just love you, Claire. Don't you see?" He spins around and walks out the door, but first he looks over his shoulder. "I have a concert to do now." Then the door slams.

"DON'T TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN NIALL JAMES HORAN!" I scream and then collapse onto the cold, hard floor.

If it were possible to drown in your own tears, I think I would've. I spent the whole two hours of the concert in the bathroom doing nothing but crying. Thankfully no one came in. Socialization with the human population probably wouldn't be the best for me.

I knew the concert was over when I heard a murmur of voices outside the bathroom door. I was starting to doze off a bit when I heard my phone beep loudly. "If it's from Niall, I'm chucking my phone in the toliet." I say to myself.

"Hey honey! I've been looking for you... where are you? <3 xx" Josh had texted me.

"In the restroom. I don't think I'm moving anytime soon." I quickly typed back.

I had resorted to the fetal position. Getting up would be out of the question right now.

Within minutes, the door flew open and Josh ran in, a look of panic on his face. "What happened? Are you hurt?" He crouches over me and clutches my head softly.

"I'm fine physically. I'm just a little bit fucked up emotionally." I sit up with Josh’s help.

“What did Niall say to you?” His voice floods with concern. I open my mouth to tell him, but then stop myself.

I quickly changed my mind and spilled everything to him. “He said those things to you?” A look of disgust crosses his face.

After I nod, Josh stands up abruptly and quickly walks out of the bathroom.

“Josh!” I jump up and follow him because I know exactly what he was doing. “Stop Josh!” I plead as I run after him. It was hard keeping up with his long strides.

I hear laughter coming from a room Josh just entered. It was where everyone was hanging out.

I sprint to catch up with him before he finds Niall.

“I can’t believe you!” He yells. Everyone around falls silent. I was too late. The look on their faces are stunned.

“How could you say those things to Claire?!” He screams at Niall.

“Please stop.” I beg as tears fall from my puffy, red eyes.

The next thing I see is Josh’s fist colliding with Niall’s jaw before I fall to the ground, my heart in pieces.