Chapter Eight || Accidents happen

"In all the wild world,

there is no more desperate a creature,

than a human being

on the verge of losing love".

- Atticus

That night, Charlotte and Oswald planned how to get rid of Isabella once and for all

That night, Charlotte and Oswald planned how to get rid of Isabella once and for all. The plan was perfect and Ed would surely not suspect them. Oswald ordered Gabe to cut Isabella's brake lines. She would go on her trip and she would not be able to stop the car. The cops would be paid off to lie about what happened.

Charlotte, however, didn't trust Gabe to take care of the job all by himself and she planned to follow Isabella. Since Oswald had come up with the plan of cutting Isabella's brake lines, Charlotte decided it was better not to take her own car. Charlotte loved her friend, but Oswald loved Ed even more and there was the probability of him deciding to cut hers too. That way he would get rid of them both and have his way free to Ed. Instead, Charlotte decided to steal a car.

The blonde made her way down an alley which would access a parking lot near the docks. As she walked, Charlotte took out her gun and attached a suppressor to it. Luckily, the park was empty with the exception of a man who was about to enter his dark blue Ferrari.

The corners of Charlotte's mouth turned up in a smile as she saw the car. She approached the man and when he straightened up to see who was coming, she fired her gun three times.

 She approached the man and when he straightened up to see who was coming, she fired her gun three times

The man fell to the floor dead and Charlotte slipped into the driver's seat and drove away. The purr of the engine was music to her ears.

Charlotte only stopped the car in front of Isabella's apartment building and then she waited. Once the sun set, Isabella finally stepped out of her apartment. The librarian seemed to be in a good mood as she entered her car and drove off. Charlotte turned on the engine and followed her.

For three blocks there was no need for Isabella to break, but then she saw the railroad crossing ahead of her. The fence closed and the red lights started blinking.