10~ Nicknames

Yuna's POV

"You know there's people who call each other different names! We should do that too!" he says excitedly. 'No.' "You know what nickname you want to give me?" 'Jungkook.'

"But that's already my name!" he pouts. "Arraseo. I'll choose your nickname then." 'No. My name is too short for a nickname.' "That's not true! I'll make some right now!"

He stays in a pondering state for a moment. "Yuju?" 'No.' "Yeojelyi?" he snickers. "Where did you even get that are from? I'm not even that weird." You're the weird one, not me. Maybe that should be your nickname.

"Angel?" 'You're joking.' "Aniyo! You are pure and angelic!" I nod my head no. I don't think so. You're just saying that. I'm the complete opposite, being mean to you and all. I wonder if you even notice it.

"Fine. How about.. beautiful?" I see him scrunching his nose with a smile. "That fits you! I mean, your name means beautiful. And.. you are beautiful." he says in a low, soft voice at the end.

"Why are your cheeks red? Are you sick?" He touches my forehead as he touches his own. 'I'm fine.' "Do like the name.. beautiful?" 'No no no. I don't.' "You must like the nickname, but you don't want to admit right? Don't worry! Your secret's safe with me! I'll call you that from now on!"

'I'm not happy about it.' "Come on! Stop hiding what you like! I know you like it! Anyways, since I made a nickname for you, make one for me!" 'I don't know what nickname to give you.'

"How about.. honey?" 'No.' "I gave you a nickname that you like! Why won't you let me pick what I like?" he pouts. "Kookie? With a K." 'Why would you want to be named something sweet?'

"Because the name will sound sweeter from you saying it." Ah geez. This feeling again. "This nickname thing.. I want it to only be between us. I only want you to call me Kookie. No one else." he says, taking my hand and interlacing them.

'Oh.. sure. I guess.' Wait what? I take that back! Why did I do that? It was as if I wasn't controlling my own self for those few words. 'I rather call you Jungkookie than Kookie then.' I quickly change it because it's less 'sweet'.

"If you say so, beautiful." he winks. "You've even accepted to call me a nickname! I'm so excited to hear you say it." 'What if I don't call you that?' "Then I won't call you beautiful." 'Do that then.'

"Aish.. don't do that to me!" 'I just did.' "If you don't do it, I won't hug you anymore!" 'Do it.' "Or hold your hands?" 'Do it.' "You're so mean!!" 'You were the one who said you were going to do it.'

'You said you weren't going to hold my hands anymore so let go.' During this whole conversation, he was holding mine and I forgot about it. "Andwae! I only said that because I wanted to hear you say my nickname."

'Are you giving up then?' "No." Time to tease him again. "Jungkook." he looks at me and I hold his hand tight. I go lean closer to him, both of us not breaking eye-contact. "It's easier to say."

He stays silent for a few moments and leans in. Our foreheads touch and I could feel his breath. "Try saying Jungkookie now." Too close. Way too close. With him leaning closer and closer, my instinct took over.

I bumped my forehead on his forehead. "Oww! Aish.. I give up!" he pouts as he stood up. "Let's just go back to the classroom!" he says as he rubs his forehead.

He turns to walk away. "Jungkookie." That slipped out of my mouth. Or did I want to try saying it? I slap my mouth lightly. Why did I say that?

He turns around, mouth wide. "Did you just say what I think I heard you just say?" he asks, walking back to me. "No no no. NOT at all. I think you misheard me mumbling to myself."

"You sure mumble loud!" he fell for that? I sigh of relief. "You're still a bad liar." I freeze for a moment. I guess he didn't fall for it. "I heard it loud and clear!"

"Let's go to class now or else we'll be late!!" he says as he jumps excitedly. "I can't believe she just said it! She called me Jungkookie!!" he mumbled, loud enough for me to hear. "If she could say it more often.. Just thinking about her saying it is so cute!!"

-

Jungkook and I were walking out of class since school is over. I just want to take a nap. "Shall I take you home, beautiful?" I cover his mouth. "Ya! Don't say that out loud!" I whisper-yell at him.

"Waeyo? Other people say nicknames out loud for each other, so why can't I?" he mumbles with my hand covering his mouth. People started looking at us, at me mostly because I was covering his mouth.

I take my hand off and drag him outside. "I thought you said you wanted it to be between us?" I say, feeling embarrassed. "Yeah! Only between us! Only us two can call each other that!"

I sigh. "Don't say it when we're at school. I don't want people to know that you call me that." he pouts. "But I want to show you off to other people! Show how beautiful you are!"

"Well I don't want to show how 'beautiful' I am to others! I rather only show it to you!" my hand goes to my mouth and Jungkook's mouth drops. "T-That wasn't what I meant. I wasn't thinking. Just ignore what I said. What I meant was—"

"I understand. Don't worry." he caresses my cheek. "You can be the most adorable when you don't know it! If you only want to show me what you don't want to show others like your cute side, then do so! I don't mind!" he pinches my cheek.

"And if you want me to show you what I don't show others, I will." he says, our gazes locked together. The sun shone and made his eyes lighter with color.

"And I promise I won't show anyone else, but you."