|| Chapter 21.5 ||

[Edited]

----------------------------------------------------

Loraine sat on her rather luxurious thin mattress, covered in fancy blankets as she fixed her golden locks with her hair brush. She heard rustling coming from the outside of the tent and wasn't alarmed when her boyfriend entered. "Myron, you're back.~ Where were you?"

"I was taking a walk." The white haired boy replied rather bluntly as he took off his boots and coat, placing them on the ground. He then sat down on the sleeping bag that was laid out next to his girlfriend and caught her staring. "Alone?" She asked, raising her brow a bit. The white haired young man shook his head. "No, with my Pokémon."

It went silent again and both could feel the tension rising, both having different reasons and troubles they hid from each other. Loraine noticed the lack of responses or even motivation of her boyfriend so she turned around, pouting and lay down, her back now facing the purple eyed male. He decided to try and converse despite his mixed feelings: "Something's been bothering you since we left Rota, hasn't it? Do you want to talk about it?"

"It's my brother, Luntian. You weren't there when the queen announced the mission, but she mentioned that my parents will arrive in Grona soon as well." The blonde spoke without hesitating. Myron was the person she trusted most, even more than she did her family by now. "You probably heard the rumours about the new prince that has just been crowned recently. They're true, and the prince is none other than my older brother."

"Really?! That's sort of unexpected... But doesn't that mean that your parents are now king and queen of Grona?" The white haired male asked, scooting somewhat closer to his girlfriend's mattress. The female nodded. "That's right. It's probably the reason why they're even coming all the way here."

"Then, doesn't that make you princess of Grona? That means you won't need to participate in this competition anymore!" The purple eyed boy tried raising Loraine's moral, unaware that he was just making things worse. The girl sighed as a smile of sadness made its way on her face. "I wish it were that easy. My parents aren't planning to let me live with them and my brother. Not that I would want to be with Luntian or anything in the first place."

"Besides, I'm not in this competition for myself..." She added a bit more silently before she started to play with the golden strands of her hair. Myron attempted to reassure his girlfriend, saying that she might be able to talk things out with her brother once they meet him. Loraine ended up nodding even though she had no intentions of speaking to Luntian. Nothing had been said after that, and hours had probably passed without any of the two getting sleep.

"Loraine, are you still awake?" The white haired boy whispered, staring at the back of his girlfriend. The blonde nodded, silently humming a 'yeah' and waiting for the male to continue. "I hate bringing up this topic, but... don't you think we've grown distant lately?"

The eyes she had been keeping closed in order to attempt to rest were now wide open. The female even held her breath for a few seconds. That way of starting a serious conversation... She knew where this was going and mentally panicked. "Maybe it's for the best if we-..."

"Please don't say anything else!" Loraine interrupted her boyfriend, turning around to face him with a very quick movement. She sat up and stared at Myron desperately, her eyes slowly getting teary. "P-Please don't leave me too! You're all I have left!" The blonde wasn't able to control herself and broke out in tears. So many flowed down her cheeks as she attempted to wipe them away.

Myron's heart ached when he saw her crying like that and he immediately regretted his words, which wasn't necessarily a good thing. The white haired boy crawled over to his sobbing girlfriend and wrapped his arms around her smaller figure, squeezing her to himself. She kept begging him not to leave her, tightening her grip on his back even more.