Chapter 15

[ Get your girl ]

"Mom, Dad! Y-you're home early!" Jennie stuttered. They were supposed to be arriving on Friday- she wasn't prepared for this!

'Fuck fuck fuck! I am so fucking screwed!' She mentally panicked. All she had to do was get Lisa out of here right now.

"Yes honey."

"Surprise!" Her parents said together. However their dazzling, Hollywood-worthy smiles disappeared once they acknowledged her company.

"Jennie who is this?" The brunette's mother said with the grin that she learned a long time ago to be scared of. It was the 'I'm pissed at you but I don't want to cause a scene, I'll yell at you in private later' smile.

Jennie also knew that her mom knew EXACTLY who Lisa was as she has instructed her daughter many times to stay away from the doe eyed blonde. Lisa's reputation wasn't just around school; it was around the whole town.

"She's a floozy, Ruby Jane." Her mother once warned, "Stay away from her or she'll try to get in your pants."

"Oh God, mom!" Sophomore Jennie exclaimed at her mom's trashy words.

"She's right sweetheart, that girl is trouble. I've seen her smoking and drinking in the alleys at night," her dad supported.

"You don't have to worry about her, mom. I'll stay as far away from her as possible, trust me."

That was only two years ago, and now look where they were. Making out on the Korean girl's front porch, that's where they fucking were.

"U-uhm this is Lisa. She was just leaving," Jennie almost gave Lisa a wave and bashful smile but remembered whose presence she was in and glared instead.

But Lisa could tell her heart wasn't in it. Her eyes seemed to say 'I'll explain later' and 'please just go'. She looked between the girl and her parents before saying;

"Yeah I was. Sorry to take your time." With one last curious glance she turned and left, leaving the head cheerleader to deal with her parents.

"What the hell was that, Jennie?" Her mother asked.

The teenager scoffed and rolled her eyes- she learned how to deal with her parents long time ago.

"Ugh, long story."

"Well we have time," she said sternly, "Let's go inside first. I miss my home." They did as he said and settled on the couch.

As much as Jennie wished her parents were more affectionate and understanding she hated whenever they came home. Their homecoming meant more judging, condescending tones, ridiculous expectations and empty hugs.

"Explain now," the ever so impatient mother demanded, with the voice she used in court. She would not want to be opposing her mother in the courtroom, she was scary enough as a mom never mind how she was as a lawyer.

For once Jennie decided on the truth- well, obviously not all of it, but if she chose the right words she might be able to get off with minimal damage. She wouldn't go totally unscathed of course but it'd be better than what would happen if she told them what just happened twenty minutes ago.

"First of all, Mister Jeon and I broke up."

"What? But he was perfect for boosting your reputation!" She said. Her mom was usually the voice of her parents, while her dad was the strong, silent driving force.