7: Confrontation

________________________

I stormed toward Gabriel's classroom well aware that he can still hear my thoughts. He knew I was coming but I've made sure he didn't know why. I found his English Language class and burst into the classroom. Gabriel shook his head at me as I walked past the startled teacher with a forced grin. "Hey Mr Matthews,"  

"Miss Gardiner, I don't appreciate-" He started but I interrupted.  

"Yes sir, sorry sir." I placed my hands on Gabriel's desk. "We need to talk. Now." I said in a serious tone.  

He looked at me with a puzzled and yet scared face. I pulled him up and some of the students started 'Ooo'ing. Mr Matthews was about to protest but I pushed Gabe out and closed the door.  

I grabbed his hand and started pulling him looking in every room for an empty class room. When I found one I checked the handle and thanked god for it being open. I shoved him in, closed the door and locked it.  

"Lexie, what's-"  

I was so pissed I literally pushed him. "What the hell happened to me on Friday, Gabriel?" I asked as calmly as possible despite pushing him.

He shifted uncomfortably and cleared his throat. "I don't know what-"  

But I interrupted. "Don't give me any bullshit, Gabriel. I couldn't remember a single thing about Friday! Nothing! I felt so lost; everything was blank and I thought I'd lost my mind," I took a step forward. "That was until I started remembering things,"  

He clenched his jaw.  

"I know my date tried... you know," I shuddered at the thought. "And then you pop out of God knows where," His lips curved into a small smile at that comment. I carried on as if I didn't notice. "And do something that isn't entirely clear in my head yet. And then I remember a clearing. What did we do in that clearing? We kissed. Twice. If something like that happened I think I would remember it but nope everything was gone as if it were..."

As if it were erased.

Maybe I was right. Not about the crappy alien shit but I mean, it could have been erased. Hell, I'll believe anything at this point. I can read his mind that's proof for supernatural crap.

Everything came rushing back to me. It was like a major brain freeze.  

Gabriel strangling Tommy - ah, yes his name was Tommy - with a lift of a finger, the mind reading, the kiss... oh my gosh, his birthmark! I asked him so many questions but he only answered about three.  

And that speech... he called me beautiful, smart and loving.  

And then we kissed again.  

God, it was like a play-by-play.  

I brought my hands to my face and groaned. "Brain freeze,"  

I heard his footsteps as he came closer to me.  

His arms wrapped around me but I refused to have him so close. For some reason, being near him just made me lose my mind. In a good way... And bad... Plus, I was a tiny bit confused right now!  

I pushed him away and scowled. "Don't. I remember everything now. Right down to the part where you and your friends were having some private conversation," He looked a little bit angry now. "Why is it, I forgot everything that happened on Friday, Gabriel?" I stood in his face. "What did you do to me?"

His eyes burned with anger. My hand started itching again but I ignored it. 

"I did what I had to do." He replied.