Chapter 2: Nobility

Claire...the girl on the bed quietly mumbled the name to herself. The person's name sounded pretty, but nobody could stand that attitude. Her memories were full of being rejected by handsome men and looking foolish.

The door was suddenly banged open and the deafening sound caused Claire to look towards the door. The girl at the door resembled the previous beautiful woman and seemed younger than Claire, however, her expression of disgust and condescending attitude did not match her young age.

Claire squinted her eyes a little only, because in her memories, she was terribly afraid of the girl before her. It was her younger sister, Lashia, a talented magician. Although she was only twelve years old, she had already become an advanced magician. Because of her outstanding talent, she was selected by the principal of the Sunrise Institute when she was only five years old to become one of his few disciples. This made Gordan Hill incredibly happy. The talented young miss hated Claire because their mother spoiled her so much. This wasn't strange because Lashia, being a child prodigy, had the love of her grandfather, father, and brother. Thus, her mother spent more time with Claire who was disliked.

"Humph, you brought great shame to the Hill name, ending up in this state just because you fell off a horse to chase a man." Lashia held her head high and looked disdainfully at the person on the bed. She walked up to the bed, a sliver of malice glinting in her eyes, and stuck her face right up to Claire's. She whispered in a low, poisonous voice, "My dear elder sister, why didn't you die falling off that horse?"

Claire looked silently at the pretty face before her. Who would have thought that someone who looked this innocent would say something so malicious?

Lashia looked at Claire's placid face and was taken aback. Normally her stupid elder sister would be trembling by not, yet currently, she was so calm.

Footsteps sounded outside and Lashia's expression changed to a frown. She muttered indistinctly under her breath and instantly, a tiny bolt of lightning appeared in her palm. Before Claire could react, Lashia had already pointed her finger at Claire's back. Claire felt a terrible pain surge through her body from her back.

"You male-chasing idiot, next time you worry mother I won't let you off as easily, " Lashia whispered coldly into Claire's ear. "You know what will happen if you dare tell Mother. "

In Claire's combined memories, it seemed that many similar situations had happened before. Without anyone knowing, the little sister Lashia seemed to give the previous Claire much suffering. Claire dropped her gaze emotionlessly, not looking when Lashia turned around.

This time, the door opened quietly. The beautiful lady from before peaked inside and smiled.

"Mother~~" Lashia greeted happily.

"Lashia, you're home!" Katherine smiled as she entered.

"Yes, Mother. Let's go eat now." Lashia grabbed Katherine's arm cheerfully.

"You go eat first, I'll stay with your older sister." Kathleen patted Lashia's head and said softly, "Your sister is not feeling well today, I'll stay here to keep her company."

"Oh." Lashia said, eyes cast down with a bitterness unnoticed by Katherine. Watching Katherine walk towards the bed, Lashia quietly and coldly humphed without anyone hearing and left quickly.

"Claire, the maids will serve dinner soon." Katherine sat near the bed and enclosed Claire's hands in her own. Claire gave a start. The warmth coming from her hand made her relax immediately. So soft, so warm. Just like how that person held her hand and told her to be happy.

"Mother..." Claire said softly.

"What is it dear?" Katherine smiled gently. Suddenly, her expression changed and she asked anxiously, "Do you feel hurt anywhere?"