➸ six: do unto others what they do unto you

« and all i could remember was us looking at the sky, and wishing for it to rain, in hopes that maybe we both could learn a little something about falling, the way the sky wrote it on the clouds. »

There comes a time when we are perfectly happy with our life. When nothing can ever amount to how happy we are. But then again, nothing lasts forever. Not even when we try our level best to keep it. So, when that happiness is gone, we try to find things which brings back that happiness and we try to forget the things that made us lose them in the first place.

But as hard as we try to move forward and forget what made us lose our happiness, the past always comes back to bite us in the ass.

And when we think that we have finally moved on and forgotten all about our past, it shows itself when we least expect it.

And most of the time, those memories of our past brings back the pain we felt long ago, cutting through every part of our body, until we break down and we are back to square one again.

Until we are nothing but mere humans, ready to go through all the pain yet again.

Until we finally give up trying to find any more happiness.

To be a bitch, you need to learn the art of glaring. And maybe even perfect it if you can. If you do that, people will eventually start to respect you. Maybe not in the "she is the most amazing person and I worship her as my idol" kind of way but it's a fact that even the tiniest bit of respect is better than none at all. If you glare at everyone who looks in your way, tries to talk to you and even bumps into you then it's only a matter of time until people start feeling differently about you. At least, for me it worked.

Next Monday when I went to school people were more civil with me, if that's what you can call it. When I was the old me, as I entered the school hallways I was pushed and shoved like I didn't even exist but that day as I entered the school the whole student body moved out of the way and made way for me. It felt almost surreal. Being treated like someone worth moving out of the way for was totally new for me.

The funny thing was that the only change in me was in my attitude and clothing. I mean, this isn't some Hollywood chick flick where a girl with a scrunchie gets a makeover and triumps in the end. There was no makeover involved, just confidence and attitude. And that alone seemed enough. 

As I was closing my locker after getting my books for the class, I was greeted by Grace with a sadistic smile and two of her minions - whose names I wouldn't even bother to know - by her side. A lot had changed since last week in Grace, especially the way she dressed. For example, right now she was wearing a dress that left little for imagination and it sure as hell made even a bath towel look modest. "You may want to adjust your dress. Your monitor is showing." 

I didn't stay long to hear what Grace had to say but apparently, I didn't have to because as soon as I left Grace started shouting profanities at me. One word, stood out from all the rest. "Bitch!"

She couldn't have been any more right.

Daniel Baker was a good person and an even better friend. But he was too scared, and most of the time I didn't even know why or for what reason. It was clear that there was something that he was hiding from me. But there was something that I knew and maybe Daniel knew that too - sooner or later he was going to have to tell me his secret. Head on, guns blazing.