113

We dropped down to just above the ground and set down just outside the village. As I dismounted Doron with John and the others, people from the village slowly started to appear out from the buildings. I could hear people whispering my name under their breath, as well as see people looking up at Doron in stunned amazement at the sight of such an incredible beast. Just then, Veracon and Ragon set down on either side of Doron, while the much smaller Magar landed in front of Doron. Jonah, who had ridden with Tahli on Ragon, came to my side as I turned to face the ever growing crowd. The other dragons landed around us, catching the attention of the crowd of people as the looked up at Tegon as she flew directly over them before landing off to the side and screeching loudly. After a few seconds, everyone turned their attention back to me as the last few villagers trickled out to join.

"Do not fear. Many of you probably know who I am. I am Jessica Albo. I was born and raised in this very village by my parents before they were needlessly killed by the kings men. I swore to bring the king to his knees, and take back what was taken from us so many years ago. In the not so distant past, I came to you, along with the rest of the villages across the kings empire, to gather an army to retake what is rightfully ours. Over time, and several battles, many of the brave men who volunteered their lives to fight were lost. Years ago, I sent what remained of the survivors back to reunite with their families, and many believed that myself, along with my dragons, had died. Yet now I stand before you with ten glorious beasts, ready to fight for your freedom. I have returned to call upon any man who wishes to shape a brighter future for his family. Any man willing to accept this responsibility, please step forward."

There was a pause among the crowd as young men, along with much older men looked around at each other, as well as the women and girls standing among-st the crowd.

"I don't think any of them want to come with us." Bailey whispered.

But just as she said this, A young, teenage boy hesitantly stepped forward from the crowd and nodded his head at me.

"Is there no one else? Is the no one else?!" I shouted.

Slowly, a few more men stepped forward, then a few more. As more and more men stepped forward, I started hearing a few of them chattering to on another. Quickly, this chattering started to turn into war cries as more and more men stepped forward, many of them holding up weapons high above their heads. We all looked around at each other as the crowd erupted into a deafening roar of shouting and war cries as men turned back into the village, re-emerging moments later on horse back, wearing shining armor, which their horses wore as well. The women and girls stepped aside as the new group of warriors proudly stepped before me chanting my name loudly while swinging their swords above their heads. 

"That went better than I thought it would!" Amy shouted over the sound of thousands of men chanting.

Doron lowered his head, I grabbed on to his backwards facing horns as he brought me up above the chanting crowd. As I hung from Doron's massive head, I began to shout.

"My brothers! For generations we have live under the king and his rule! Now, we rally together and bring the evil bastard to his knees! Mark my words, I will have the kings heart in my hands and his blood running between my fingers!" I shouted as I held out my sword.

"AOUU!" They all shouted as the all held their swords, spears and bows high above their heads. 

I retreated to Doron's neck, and grabbed hold of his quills as the others mounted their dragons. Doron let out a mighty roar of confidence as He spread his wings and took off towards the next village, as the thousands of men on horse back, weapons in hand followed us on the ground below, chanting with a confidence I had never heard before in all my years of living.