13.

Elliot's P.O.V

Today SodaPop, Steve, and I were working. Last night we got in around 12 and I fell asleep pretty quickly too.

I worked inside like normal, watching people come and go. I had strangely been thinking about Cole. I may not like him like I did at first ... but he was a real good friend, Soc or not.

Part of me doesn't want to see him, I don't wanna let him know I don't feel like that towards him.

I always caught myself daydreaming, especially in there. Which probably wasn't good, but I've been good about helping out a customer when they need it and paying attention. It only when there weren't any.

In fact while I was thinking to myself the door on the bell rang and in walked Ponyboy talking to a girl.

"Hey Ponyboy" I looked up from the counter and smiled to him and the girl.

"Hey Elliot, this is Lacey. She's an old friend of the gangs" he replied.

"Hey" I waved to her "I'm Elliot, Elliot Winston"

She hesitated for a moment but smiled back "Lacey obviously" she laughed a bit "you're related to Dallas Winston I'm guessing"

I scrunched my nose "Yeah, I'm his sister. Seems everyone knows me just because of that"

"Hey Ponyboy, I'm gonna go say hi to SodaPop and Steve" she said and walked to the door that lead to the garage.

"Who's she?" I asked as she left.

He hesitated a bit "she dated Dallas for a while. Broke her heart, I guess we can expect that from him though".

I felt bad for the girl, of course I hadn't exactly experienced heartbreak because I try to stay away from that kinda stuff but I know how Badly it can get to you.

I nodded "oh ... Dal ain't ever told me about her"

"He doesn't talk about her much ... part of me thinks he really cared for her but didn't wanna ruin his reputation" ponyboy winced.

"But hey, Pepsi's on me today okay. Go ahead and grab you one" I said taking out my wallet and putting the money into the register.

"Thanks Ell" he smiled and walked back to get one.

He walked back up with the glass bottle in his hand and opened it using the counter.

"Hey Ell" he said, taking a gulp of the Pepsi in between words "what's your favorite soda?"

I snickered at the thought of it, of course I had a different answer but I couldn't tell Pony that.
"Probably orange crush" I answered "I use to drink it a lot. Ive stopped recently, never had the money so I use to steal em"

Which was definitely true, the only reason I had money now was because my parents had sent me a certain amount. Probably just so I could be able to stay here. Which was fine with me now.

"Hm when was the last time you stole?" Pony curiously asked.

"Honestly Pony I don't know, sometime In New York. The school I went to in Connecticut was a strict school so I never really got out anyways" I replied, organizing the counter a bit "I use to do it all the time, but my parents never did much for me but ship me off to anyone away from them"

Pony thought for a moment "is that why Dally left?"

I sighed "pretty much, Dallas was having a hard time as it is and my parents did make it better. I just wish he would have stayed cause I really needed him then" I smiled sadly.