Temptations. [5]

Heyy.

Right. Ive been having some writers block, and this is all I have so far. Im not sure I should continue with this story, so I would really appreiciate some feedback, telling me to stop writing it and start a different one, or to carry on with Temptations.

I won't decide right away until I get some advice though.

thanks to everyone who has been reading, commenting, etc<3.

Part 5 [so short.]

I was standing on the doorstep of my house, suitcase standing beside me, tilting with the heaviness of my possessions. "See you soon Dixie." my dad said softly, pulling me into a hug and clapping me on the back. He wasn't very touchy-feely.

"Yeah, bye Dad." I answered, muffled against his shoulder. Once we pulled away, I looked expectantly at my mother, who's expression was torn between two expressions - anger, regret. We stared at each other for a few seconds, until she sobbed and yanked me into a hug. Which I didnt understand, seeing as she was the one who accused me of assault and was sending me away to america. "Bye Dixie, see you in a few months..." She drew away and walked back inside as the taxi pulled up to the front of the house, signalling that it was time to go. I snapped up the handle of my suitcase and dragged it towards the back of the taxi, dumping it in the boot. {[thats the trunk, to all you americans :L]} I walked round to the other side and got in, placing my hand luggage in the space between my feet. "Heathrow airport." I stated to the tall, middle aged taxi driver. He nodded and set the meter. As the car swerved out onto the road, I waved over my shoulder and saw my dad watching the car go with an unreadable expression on his face.

----

Many hours later.

Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.

________

Walking outside into Atlanta was an experience. Considering half of my family lived in America, I had never actually been there before now. The sun was blazing in the sky, not too hot - just the right temperature. I scanned the roadside, looking for my aunt's dark blue 4x4, and found it parked near the end.