Chapter 5 | Defending

You all stare at the ship in shock. You look over at Shiro. He looks scared to death. You would be to if you went through what he did. All sudden, the ship starts to shoot at the blue lion. Your heart beats really fast. Your scared. Pidge looks back at you. He can tell your scared. He turns to everyone. You all were scared. Pidge turns to Lance

"We have got to get out of here Lance!" Pidge yells. "Okay! Everyone hang on!" Lance says. "Like we haven't been already!" You yell back in a sarcastic tone. Lance glares at you right before he starts to dodge the shots. Keith looks at you and lets out a little giggle. You look back at him and give him smile. That smile quickly fades when you feel some turbulence on the ship that makes you hug Keith's arm even more. Now everyone's shouting at Lance in panic. In your head, you knew you were gonna die.

Lance seems pretty mad at everyone shouting, but he seems more confident. "All right! Okay! I think what to do." Lance says as he moves the handles forward. "Be careful, man! This isn't a simulator!" Pidge reminds him. You wish it was. "Well that's good. I always wreck the simulator." Lance said as he sounded relieved. "Was that supposed to make me feel better?!" You said. For one second you let go of Keith's arm. You were that mad.

Another turbulence came and you were falling. You closed your eyes waiting to feel the cold ground. You felt something better than the ground. It was warm. You felt like you were in heaven. Then you opened your eyes. Keith caught you. You blushed really hard. "You alright (Y/N)?" Shiro says as he just noticed that you fell. "I'm okay." You said "Thanks Keith. You really are to much of a life saver." "No problem." Keith said. He was blushing to. For a moment you two stood there in silence, but than another turbulence came. No one fell that time, but it got you and Keith snap out of it. "You better keep holding on to my arm (Y/N). We are in for a bumpy ride." Keith said as he pulled out his arm for you to grab. You quickly grabbed...hugged his arm.

Lance pulled one of the handles down and one the handles up. The lion's mouth opened and a beam of light hit all across the alien ship. "Let's try this." Lance said in a confident way. He pulled both of the handles back. The lion went up to the alien ship and got its claws out. The lion scratched all across the alien ship. Then the Lion quickly went away from the ship. Where the lion scratched the ship, little explosions happened. Everyone cheered.

"Nice job, Lance." Shiro said. He sounded surprised. "I think it's time to get these guys away from our planet." Lance said as the lion started going away from the planet really fast. You notice that the alien ship starts chasing you guys, but is right behind you. "Oh no! " Hunk yells in panic. "They're gaining on us! Pidge yells in panic right to Lance. "It's weird. They're not trying to shoot us. They're just chasing us." Lance says bringing up a pretty good point. "Okay, seriously, now we think that aliens following us is good!? I'm not on board with this new direction guys." Hunk said very confused but panicked at the same time.

"Wait, where are we?" Keith asked. Shiro looks out the window. "The edge of the solar system. There's Kerberos." Shiro says as he points out the window. You all look where Shiro is pointing. "But it takes months for our ships to get out this far." You added. "Yet it took us five seconds." Pidge added to your comment.

All the sudden a big blue circle that looks like some sort of teleport thing pops right in front of the blue lion. "What is that!?" Hunk asks everyone. "I don't know, but it looks like some sort of teleport thing I guess." You said. You were so confused. You started to pinch yourself. You just thought this was all just a dream. How can your brother just pop up out of no where? That was your only dream was to see your brother again. So you just assumed it was dream. But you weren't waking up.

"This might sound really crazy but I think the lion wants us to go through there." Lance said to everyone. Everyone got quiet. "Where does it go?" Pidge said breaking the silence. "I don't know." Lance responded. "Shiro. Your the senior officer here. What should we do?" Lance said in a serious tone of voice. You loved that everyone trusted your brother. You would even if you haven't known him for twenty four hours. "What ever is going on, the blue lion knows more than we do. I say we trust it. But we are a team now. We should decide together." Shiro says. You all intensely stare at Lance. Signaling him to go through it. You all nodded at him. Pidge puts his left hand on Lance's right shoulder. You put your left hand on his left shoulder. Keith put his hand on your arm. You probably didn't want to touch Lance. Lanc elooked to see what everyone thought. He knew what everyone was think and looked back to the front.

Immediately when he put his hand on you arm you shook a little. You looked at him and than you took your hand off Lance arm. You hugged Keith's arm. "I think we're ready now Lance." Keith said as he was still staring at you smiling. You blushed a little. You were thinking. Does he like it when I hug his arm? I would get annoyed. Maybe he likes me back.

Lance took a deep breath. "All right. I guess we are ditching class tomorrow." Lance says. He pulls the handles forward and you all go into the hole.