The Demon and The Book

Dedicated to Creativechelsea25 for being such a lovely friend. She just finished her book Billionaire princess, do check it out.

I'm just like you even though my problems looks nothing like yours do. I just love his songs so much. Solo really did justice. {I'm just like you by Louis Tomlinson}.

I have a feeling that this is gonna be the shortest chapter, but anyways, carry on.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow⭐😘.

Alice's POV.

My chest burned as I made my way through the trees, running as fast as I could. I felt my shirt stick to my back due to the heat. I stopped by to adjust my backpack at the same time to catch my breath. This was harder than I thought, I grimaced.

Placing both palms together, I formed fists, I drew them apart creating a rod which I spined in circular motion. It bursted when I threw it in midair. It's now or never, I thought as I step through the portal into another part of the woods.

From there, I kept running. The monsters were getting closer every second. My muscle protested but I knew better than to stop.

The past few weeks were going great. Andrew and I got over our argument, well I got to punch him which made me feel better after that unexpected kiss (the idiot). I got to learn how to combine spells while doing other activities, but I'm not so good at it, yet. Oh, and I still haven't gotten the hang of the time loop thingy.

Lady Georgia has been working herself to the bone. Cleaning the west wing by day then the east wing by night. 'Winter preparations' she calls it, even though I know it's utter rubbish. Oh and don't get me started on the pies. From chocolate with crippled strawberries on Sundays to hare pot pies on Saturdays. She even gets crankier than Old man Paul.

Took over everyone's job, she did. I had to take some off her and make her think it was her idea. There was one day I caught her crying. It's quite obvious she's trying to fill the void left by Rose and Violet. Oh she tried, she really did. But that didn't stop those rumours circulating the whole town.

Sunny's better than before. Other than those blue eyes that are bloodshot and the protruding fangs, she seems to carry a very sane conversation. Well as sane as Sunny could be, she couldn't describe who attacked her. Now she sees Alex as a hero, more like one true love if you ask me.

There's still no sign of Pebbles. I've been out calling him every evening, he never came. The guys have been keeping me busy with the training, and the inn with it's chores. That didn't stop me from noticing those worried looks being sent my way.

The number of missing people increased a week after Sunny was attacked. Tourist attacks, school kids missing and some of the staffs too. Lucy had to come over to give a hand, she looks tired buy hides it. And she hides it well, her nephew was one of those that were found missing.