Chapter 6: Night with him {Edited}

|The only way you can get to know each other is by hanging out.|

Grace's Pov:

Coming downstairs, I found Xavier near the door. When he looked at me, his eyes widened and I did not miss when he checked me out. As I caught him staring, he cleared his throat before talking.

"Let's go I already book a table." He said and I nodded.

Here I thought he would compliment me but I am not complaining I was used to it.

We walked to the car and sat down. His driver, I guess knew where we were going as Xavier did not talk at all.

25 minutes later we reached a restaurant. It was big and luxurious. The men were dressed up in suits while the women were in long dresses. Suddenly I feel so outdated in my jean and top.

When we walked Xavier remained beside me and I noticed that he kept his hand in a fist.

Was I that bad looking?

We reached the counter and a girl was behind the counter. She had her eyes fixed on the computer.

"Name please." She asked not looking up.

"Knight!" Xavier replied beside me. Her eyes widened when she looked up.

"Oh yes sir. I will make someone take you to your table." She tensed and stood up. I noticed she called a boy that was around our age. He came and smiled at us. I was the only one who smiled back.

"Follow me, I will lead you to your table." He said firmly before walking in front of us. We followed him and he lead us to a corner table. There were fake roses in a beautiful jar in the middle of the table. There was also some small candles light up as decorations.

We took our seat and the waiter came to give us the menu.

"What would you both like for starter?" He asked smiling.

"Red wines." Both Xavier and I said together. The waiter nodded and left so that we could choose what to eat.

"So what will you order?" Xavier asked looking at the menu.

"I think I will order the shrimp pasta with creamy tomato basil sauce," I said looking in the menu. That was a long name.

I was about to ask him what he was going to choose but the waiter came with our wines

"Did you both choose what you will order?" He asked taking his notecard.

"Two shrimp pasta with creamy tomato basil sauce," Xavier ordered and the waiter wrote it down.

"It will be served in 15 minutes sir." He said before going back.

I took a sip of the red wines and looked around a bit.

"So about the wedding." Xavier started and I looked at him.

"What about it?" I asked lowly.

"We need to work it out." He stated and I nodded.

"We need to pretend to be a couple in love. Like we need to get used to each other touch without being awkward. There will be a lot of media around this wedding. They are curious about things and you know how they are when they want to gossip." He sighed and I nodded.

What else could I say?

"Look I know its a bit hard for us to act suddenly and honestly I don't want anything awkward between us. So what about we become a friend?" He asked and I knew he was right.

"I don't mind with us becoming friends and I know we do need to start acting about being in a relationship," I said and he nodded satisfied with my reply.

"Well let's enjoy this dinner and not be awkward." He said as he lifts his wine glass up. I chuckled and lift my glass up.

----

The dinner went pretty well. We talked and played 21 questions. I was surprised when Xavier started to joke and laughed freely. He was not the same cold man, I was with during the dinner with my parents. The awkwardness between us was lightened up.

"It's already 8." Xavier said looking at his phone," We need to go, I have work tomorrow."

"Yeah. So do i." I said but he shake his head.

"You won't be working with Rick now." He stated and I looked at him confused.

"D-did he says that?" I asked and he shake his head no again.

"You don't really have to work, you can simply stay by my side and help me with my work if you want." He suggested.

"There is a paper that I need to finish for Rick-" I said but he interrupted me.

"Rick already replace you in the office. He will no longer need you and you will no longer work for him. As I told you, if you still want to work you can help me." He said firmly.

Wow, Rick was soo happy for me to leave, that he already employed another person in my place.

"Let's go," Xavier said pulling me out of my thoughts. We stood up and walked toward the counter.

The girl was gone, however, the boy who leads us to the table was still there.

"Hope you enjoyed your dinner Mr Knight and Miss...." he trailed off not knowing my name.

"Mrs knight." I let out a low gasp when I my back slammed in his hard chest. Xavier wrapped one of his arm around my waist glaring at the boy. His body felt so warm behind me.

"Oh sorry, I did not know." The boy apologized nervously.

"Do your work properly next time," Xavier stated before pulling us near the exit. We walked to his car and he opened the door for me. I sat down first and then he sat down.

The driver droved us back home.

-----

The drive home was silent as none of us talked. As soon as we walked into the house, we both walked into our room. Right now, I was in my room laying on my bed. It was comfy and big.. I love it. I changed my shirt and shorts. I was going to call Mom when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said adjusting myself on the bed. Xavier walked in a blue shirt and a sweatpant.

"Tomorrow we are going to the office at nine so be ready by then. We won't be there for too long. I will try my best to finish everything quickly." He said and I nodded.

"That's fine," I replied.

"Well, I'm going to sleep. Goodnight." He said.

"Goodnight," I said and he left. I sighed and laid back on the bed letting sleep take over.

He isn't that bad after all...

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
LovelyShifah
;)