Chapter 8

Maddie's POV

"Gabby, what the hell is going on?" Catie says standing up.

"Please explain," I beg.

"Maddie, you were hitting on Cade," Gabby says.

"NO I WASN'T!!" I yell frustrated, "I have no idea why you think that. I was trying to tell him that Hayley-"

"Yeah right," Gabby scoffs, "Hayley and I BOTH heard you, Maddie!"

"What?!" I ask confused. I think back to when I was talking to Cade backstage. Then it hits me.

"I'm sorry, but I like Gabby. And Gabby and I have been talking..."

Shit.

"Gabby, Maddie loves Caleb. Why would she be trying to get Cade?" Catie says.

"Whatever," Gabby says annoyed before walking out the door and slamming it behind her.

"Well that got us nowhere!" Catie throws her hands in the air, "I want to beat the shit out of Hayley."

"I feel you," I state.

After a moment, Catie speaks up again, "Hey, you wanna go do something?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know. Just go out," Catie laughs.

"I guess," I shrug.

We go out into the hallway, and walk to the elevator. When we reach the elevator, we hear a door open and close. We look over and see Caleb walking our way.

"Maddie," he says.

"Caleb, please don't," I plead.

"She doesn't want to talk to you right now," Catie says. "I don't know what that Hayley bitch said to you, but.."

"I know she's lying," Caleb states, "Maddie, please listen to me." I stare at him and he continues, "She was telling me all this stuff about you hitting on Cade. I know it's not true, baby. Please just don't be mad at me."

"You kissed her, Caleb," I say, voice cracking at the end.

"I didn't ask her to," he says softly.

"But you didn't pull away," I feel a single tear roll down my cheek.

"I only want you, Maddie. You're the one for me."

"Are you sure?" I ask while Catie pushes the elevator button.

"I've never been more sure of something."

Now I feel like I'm overreacting. And I probably am. But Hayley is so much prettier than I am. Maybe I'm just being insecure. The elevator door opens, and Catie and I step in. Caleb moves to stand in front of the elevator, but he doesn't get in, and I can see the sadness in his eyes.

"I don't blame you if you want her," I say softly.

"She will never have my heart. My heart will always belong to you."

That was the last thing he got to say to me before the elevator doors shut.