104

2 Weeks Later

The dragons still wouldn't allow us to leave the valley with them, Ragon, Doron and Tilio refused to leave their mates, and even I couldn't approach Doron with out him snarling at me and standing between me and Magar. Bailey tried several times to get to Magar, but Doron wouldn't allow her to. Amy could still ride Veracon, as he had no mate to protect, and Derion, Yulion and Cumano had grown closer to us in the others absence. It had been a little more than two weeks since they had paired up, and things had basically come to a halt.

"Bailey! Get away from them!" I shouted as I grabbed her and pulled her away from Magar as she slept in the shade of the valley wall.

"When can we be with them again?"  She asked as she pulled her arm from my grasp and stepped back.

"I'm not sure. When ever they decide." I replied.

"You must have patience child." Jonah said as he walked up behind her and placed his hand on Bailey's shoulder.

She sighed, before turning and walking away. I looked back to Magar as Doron raised his head up over her and looked down at us. I could see recognition in his eyes, but mixed with it, was something I couldn't identify. Ragon was off to the side with Tegon, with Tegon under Ragon's wing. Tilio and Alio were flying around over head, circling around each other while clicking and chirping. The other dragons looked up at the pair as the flew through the valley, seemingly jealous.

"How long do dragons breed for?" Amy asked.

"That is something that has never been made clear. No one had seen dragons breed in more than one hundred years." I replied.

"Well, it's not like we have to wait long to find out." Tahli added as she came up behind me.

I chuckled.

"Yeah, that's true. If they're even successful." I replied.

I looked up as a cloud blocked out the sun and a breeze whipped through the valley. The walls kept the cool air cascading straight through the valley, leaves waving back and forth, grass swaying like waves on the sea. But as the refreshing breeze passed, I got the urge to turn around. I saw Doron, Ragon and Tilio were all looking in the same direction, towards the forest. The others seemed interested in something as well, though Doron, being more dominant than the others, actually let out a deafening screech.

"They smell something." I said.

Ragon started clicking wildly as Tilio flapped his wings in an attempted show of size to what ever was there. But they weren't looking down the valley, but rather up at the wall. I grabbed my bow and looked up the wall. I didn't see, or hear anything coming from there. Ragon and Tilio stepped forward and spread their wings before Doron snapped at them, causing them to fold up and step back. Tegon seemed to sense something was wrong as well as she started to get agitated. 

"An animal perhaps?" Tahli asked.

"I don't think so. If it was a prey animal they would have taken off after it already." I replied.

Doron became more and more agitated by the minute, before he stepped forward and let out a roar meant to intimidate what ever he was sensing. He spread his wings and was about to take off before I stepped out in front of him.

"Wait!" I shouted. 

He looked down at me snarling and showing his teeth. I put my hand out to him and dropped to my knee to show my submission. He looked back to Magar as she cawed at him, before looking back to me, turning to the side and stretching out his wing.

"That's more like it." I said.

"Wait!" Amy said as she ran up to me.

I turned to face her.

"What is it?" I said as I put my bow around my neck.

"Can I come with you?" She asked.

I paused for a moment.

"No. You stay here. I feel like something is wrong, and somethings telling me to go alone." I said firmly.

She sighed and opened her mouth to protest before I put my hand out to silence her.

"I'm going alone. That's final. You stay here with the others. If something happens, there's no sense in more than one of us getting hurt." I said.

"She makes a good point." Tahli added.

"She's right Amy. What ever it is, it can't be anything that Doron can't handle. If it's a group of soldiers, they'll be in the midst of the forest. Easy to take out." Jonah said from behind Tahli and Bailey.

Amy sighed.

"Just.... Be safe." She said.

I half grinned.

"Don't worry. I'll be fine." I said.

We hugged for a brief moment, before I turned and climbed up Doron's wing.

"It's good to have you back."  I said to Doron.

I looked back at the other dragons as they watched us.

"Fly."

Doron screeched, before spreading his wings and taking off. I had no idea where we were going, but I sensed that what ever he had sensed, it was something that needed to be taken care of... At once.