Late Edits

Evelyn saw less of David as time went on as David's time was mostly spent with Liza and his other friends.

And as David's fan base grew, she found herself seeking Alex's presence more often and found that he was actually a funny thoughtful guy.

On the occasion Evelyn was around Brennen, getting to know him more. She thought that maybe he could keep her mind off David for awhile.

And it was proving only somewhat effective but she would take what she could get.

"Hey, just a heads up table nine is a dick."

Evelyn looked up from her drink order, slyly examining the old man sitting at table nine.

"What happened?"

"He keeps making these sexual jokes and I guess he doesn't like the reaction I'm giving and he's all like 'ooo you don't like my jokes?'"

Evelyn rolled her eyes, "I hate those guys."

"Tell me about it. Anyway did you hear about Corinna?"

Lifting her plate holding her drinks, she turned to her coworker, Jane as she told Evelyn about the new tattoo their blonde haired coworker recently received.

"She said he paid her five hundred. I told her I would get David's Vlog on my finger to if he paid me."

Evelyn shook her head, "I didn't even know they were friends." She mumbled.

"You know him?" She asked excitedly.

"You could say that." She said cringing before walking away to her table to deliver their drinks. 

                       •.    •.    •.    •.   •.

"Hey did you know I work with Corinna?" Evelyn asked Alex as he drove them to Target.

Alex laughed, "No shit? Me and David were wondering if you guys knew each other."

"Mmm not really. I know of her but I don't really talk to her. A coworker of mine told me about the new tattoo David paid for her to get."

"Oh yeah that. She really needed some money at the time and you know how crazy David is."

"Sadly."

"Hey David and Liza are gonna meet us at Target if you don't mind."

"That's cool."

Evelyn has recently confined in Alex stating that she feels she's losing David as a friend and wanted to know if he thought she was over reacting.

He comforted her and saying she wasn't but she couldn't help but wonder that maybe it was because of her unresolved feelings she was thinking that in the first place.

Walking beside Alex, he grabbed a cart and pushed it as Evelyn made her way to the snack aisle.

Browsing the options in front of her, she heard his familiar laugh. David came around the corner, laughing with Liza. Seeing Evelyn, he beamed at her.

Evelyn gave him a small smile before turning back to the chips and choosing her two favorite, throwing them in the basket.

Evelyn lead the way to the next aisle while David and Alex made jokes behind her.

Liza picked up her pace to match Evelyn's, "Hey how's it been going with Brennen?"

"Slow but good. I like the pace we are taking things right now."

"Wow really?"

Evelyn gave her a curious look and Liza backtracked, "No I mean, I've been around Brennen and slow isn't something I would think of to describe his pursuit of a girl that he likes."

Evelyn kept that in mind, "I guess we'll see if that's a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Oh it's a good thing. I haven't heard anybody say that he's hooking up with or seeing anyone else. Maybe he's trying hard with you."

Evelyn laughed, "Thanks for the support."

Liza and Evelyn continued their conversation around the store with them swapping stories of other boys and gossip of their friends.

David smiled at the view of his girlfriend and best girl friend getting along easily, half wondering if it was a bad idea or a good one.

                         •.    •.    •.    •.   •.

Looking up from his computer, David gave Evelyn a half smile which she returned making her way to the kitchen.

Evelyn opened up a bag of popcorn, moving behind David to watch him edit, "I'm surprised you're still up."

Giving a tired chuckle, David rubbed his eyes with the heels of his palm, "Yeah I waited too late to edit and I have to post a video tomorrow."

Evelyn laughed softly, "Of course."

David felt an ache in him as he looked at Evelyn, noticing how less they see each other.

"Keep me company. I don't want to be the only one up at this time." David begged.

Evelyn pretended to mull it over, making David beg more, "Alright you got me." She said, moving to the spot next to David and immediately he reached his hand in her bag, grabbing some popcorn.

"Hey!"

"Shhhh." David laughed quietly, munching away happily at the popcorn.

Evelyn sat the bag on the table in between them as she watched David click through his clips, selecting which parts to put in and what to leave out.

"Jesus David you go to Target a lot. I figure there would be more groceries with the amount of times you went."

"Honestly I mostly go to get vlog footage." David said giggling.

Evelyn hummed, sliding the laptop towards her, clicking through the clips herself.

David watched for her reaction as she went through them, taking note of what to later edit in.

Watching Friends With Benefits, David scoffed watching Mila Kunis running after the paper that flew out of her hands.

"Do you ever think about it?"

Evelyn looked up from the computer at David, who waited for her response, "About what?"

"You know," he watched her face stay confused before saying, "Junior year?"

Evelyn pieced together what he was hinting at and felt her cheeks turn a rosy pink, "Ohhh."

She let her eyes wander around the room, feeling vulnerable under his gaze. Building the courage, she meet his stare seeing pure curiosity wearing a light blush of his own.

"I mean yeah, sometimes." She admitted. Looking away, she asked, "And you?"

"Yeah," he said quietly.

Feeling a pregnant pause pass, Evelyn glanced back at David who was picking at a hole in the couch before looking back up at her.

"Makes you wonder if we changed intimately." She joked half-heartily.

She felt a heated electricity between them as she fidgeted under his curious stare and when his gaze dropped down to her lips for a split second she felt frozen.

He turned away back towards his computer going back to his work on his video.

Evelyn wordlessly got up from her seat, making her way back to her room with her heart hammering in her chest, silently hating David for the blushing mess he left her in.

                              •.    •.    •.    •.   •.

Okay! I'm loving this chapter tbh, everything is building up and ah I'm just so excited for later

But do remember this is a slow burn book but we are getting there surely ;)

I'll be taking a break for a moment but I'll for sure post again within the next few days or week.

But anyways hope you like this chapter and as always tell me what you think and or vote!

Happy reading!