21

(Y/n)'s POV

I walked into English class, and Dr. Thompson immediately pulled me to the side.

"There's a new kid here today. His name is Ryan, and I want you to be his mentor for his first week," she said.

"Okay, sounds good," I said, nodding. I walked back to my table and saw another kid there. He had slightly emo hair with long bangs covering his face, and a blue streak in the middle of them. He was cute.

"Hey! You must be Ryan. I'm (Y/n)," I said, sitting next to him and putting my backpack on the ground next to my chair.

"Oh, hey. Dr. Thompson told me about y-you. You're (Y/n)?" He asked.

"That's me! (Y/n) (L/n). This is Ned and that's Peter," I said, motioning to the other two boys at the table. Ned smiled and waved, while Peter just slightly waved. He didn't look too happy.

"Can I see your schedule?" I asked. He nodded and pulled it out of his black folder.

"We have some classes together. English, study hall, and social studies," I said. His eyes brightened, but then the bell rang.

During class I caught myself looking at Ryan. He was skinny, and wearing black jeans with a Nirvana t-shirt. His backpack was black and I noticed that most of his school supplies were too. 

After class, I told Ryan how to get to his next class (computer science) and then walked with Peter and Ned to math.

"Ryan is nice," Ned said.

"I agree," I said. Peter didn't say anything. He just looked at the ground and walked into class.

"Do you guys want to come over after school?" I asked. Ned nodded eagerly while Peter just gave me a slight nod.

"Invite Ryan!" Ned suggested. Peter looked back at the ground.

"Okay," I said, walking into the math classroom.

(Lunch)

I was walking to my locker by myself after third period. Ned and Peter wanted to get to lunch quickly for some reason, but I just wanted to put my stuff away.

Suddenly, someone's hands rested on my shoulders. I turned around to see Peter smiling.

"Hi Pete," I said, pecking his lips and turning back around, putting the remaining folders and notebooks into my locker.

"How are you?" He asked, leaning on the locker next to mine.

"Decent. That chemistry test was extremely easy," I said.

"I agree. I think I aced it," he said. I pulled out a notebook and closed my locker.

"Do you want to head to the cafeteria?" I asked.

"No, actually. I wanted to come here and ask if you wanted to go outside with me for lunch today," he asked.

"Oh! Of course," I said, putting my notebook in my backpack.

"Let's go, love," Peter said, intertwining his fingers with mine. We walked out the double doors into the courtyard. Students were allowed to be out there during study periods and lunch periods.

"How's that?" I asked, pointing to a tree. Under its shade was a clear area of grass. Peter nodded, and we walked over to it.

"That math homework was so bad," Peter said, sitting down. I sat next to him.

"I agree. Mr. Forst is a terrible teacher," I said.

"I agree. He looks kind of like a thumb," Peter said. I laughed and took a sip of my water.