Chapter 24

Reader POV~

I got into the car with Josh and he drove back to Markus's house. I started to wonder if they knew we took the car. I wonder if they know we left at all? Through the whole ride, Josh and I were cracking jokes. It was perfect. When we arrived, Josh parked in the garage and we got out, snickering. I punched Josh in the shoulder gently and he rubbed his arm while looking at me in amusement. We both walked towards the living room.

"Ouch, you're strong for a little lady." Josh grinned.

"No. You are." I smirked. He gasped while looking offended after realizing what I said.

"What are you implying?" He managed a proper tone while having his hand placed on his chest.

"Exactly what you think." I giggled. He pushed me forward gently while laughing. It was a smooth rumble that came deep from his chest. It was an actual joyful ring.

"C'mon. Let's go check on the others. " Josh hummed. I agreed with him and we headed towards the pool area. I saw that Markus was still floating about but North has joined him, much to my dismay. Simon's still sitting at the edge of the pool. I took off my shoes and sat by Simon. I felt most comfortable with him at the moment. Josh went to sit by Simon as well, which I was very pleased with. I nudged Simon with my elbow while wriggling my brows. He huffed slightly before taking a very quick glance at Josh.

"Everything was great until that guy came around," Simon leaned back while glaring at the pool.

"Yeah, great." I softly agreed. In the back of my mind, something didn't feel right about this day.

"It's a nice day. C'mon, let's finish Raken and Invasion. Then, maybe pool time. " Josh stared at Simon.

"Alright, let's do this. " Simon got up from the edge. "Hey, you two! C'mon let's finish movie time! We can come back later."

Markus and North swam to us while Josh and I got up from the edge ourselves. Josh helped North up and Simon helped Markus up. North dried her hair by twisting it to relieve her hair of water. We moved back into the living room. North and Markus had towels under and around them before sitting down. We got to watching Raken, it left me uneasy. I was happy to know that after Invasion I had a solid excuse to the store, go home, lock my doors, and plug in every nightlight I got. Let there be light. We finished the last movie in under two hours or so.

"Man, those weren't so bad. It's dark out. You guys still wanna go?" Josh lower lip twitched. He wasn't scared more like it was a considerate unknown motion.

"Yeah. Let's go. " Markus got up and stretched.

I looked into the darkness of the night and rapidly shook my head. I'm too spooked to go out right now. I need a distraction. They got up slowly and Josh noticed I didn't get up as quickly so he grabbed my wrist gently and pulled me up. Damn his perceptiveness. I walked with him and the name I gave him seems to suit him just fine. He was like an older brother making sure everyone's accounted for. Markus jumped into the pool. North used the diving board. Simon went towards the edge before I pushed him into it.

Karma was fast because Josh pushed me inside too. Simon laughed at how quick karma came around. He went to tickle me. What sucked was I didn't have a bathing suit. I was in normal clothes. Everyone was which confused me because this is Markus house. Why is he in his normal clothes? I stared at Markus as this thought now came across me. I think when Markus was fighting and pulled off by Simon, that Simon dropped Markus in the pool. The laundry would be terrible or the clothed would be ruin. Either way, he better not be attached to the clothes he's wearing now. But, back to focus, I swam away from Simon. I'm not tryna die laughing.