Chapter Six - A Forbidden Word

POV - Chantelle

We met Bethany at an outside table next to the track and two tennis courts, both of them being on campus.

The air outside was warm and the shade from the trees once we got to the table was perfect. If we weren't at school I could have enjoyed the moment way more.

"Hey Shay." Bethany greets me with her nickname she has for me. She too had changed out of the clothes she'd been wearing in first period while her hair was nicely pinned back in a series of braids.

Though Bethany had noticed me she didn't look up from her textbook as she scribbles words onto a piece of paper.

Once she was done writing however, Bethany's full attention was glued to Xavier. I rolled my eyes and set my bag on the table while taking my seat.

"So if your not getting payed to hang out with her then are you her doctor?" she asked looking to me and then back up to him.

"Is it that difficult to imagine me with more than you as a friend?" I ask her not giving Xavier a chance to answer. Bethany just laughs and looks back to her textbook.

Phew... Dodged a bluet there.

We talked about the next four questions on the homework while only getting off topic a couple times.

When I realized Xavier hadn't sat down that whole time I look up at him.

"Xavier you can sit down." I tell him. He looks down at the sound of my voice and stares at me; features serious.

"I'm sorry mistress but it's easier to watch for danger if I stand." He explains. "Please just ignore me and enjoy the time with your friend."

"Xavier sit." I command.

Right away Xavier sits down beside me and looks at me. "I'm sorry ma'am, I wont cause you anymore problems."

"Xavier?" I asked.

"Yes misstress?" He replies, surprisingly eager. I blink and look at him; his eyes bright and his posture perfect as he turns my way.

"What's my name?" I ask raising an eyebrow, while enjoying the knowledge of what he told me about the necklace and him being a 'servant.'

"Right ... Huh ... chantelle. I apologize for my behavior and not abiding by your rules." He says respectfully.

I smile at him and he looks down shyly which makes me smile even wider.

Some servant, what servant would get shy if someone smiled at them? For a 'protecter' he's not too intimidating either.

I suddenly remembered Bethany sitting across from us when she laughed, making her presence known again.

"Wow!" Bethany laughs louder. "Where do I get your boy-toy Chantelle?"

"He's not my toy, he's a person Bethany." I tell her.

She knows I wouldn't do anything like that and I was mad now that she kept saying I was paying him.

"Yeah but did you hear how he talks to you? Its as if he worships you." She says whispering excitedly this time and scooting over so that we were now all on the same side of the table.

She looked between us and then winks towards me. I rolled my eyes in response.

"I wouldn't underestimate my girlfriends protecter over there." someone says from behind me. I recognized the ominous aura almost instantly after he speaks and even before I saw him.