A Date?

[Tohru Adachi]

[ Hey, so about that meet-up?]

Tohru typed, his palms were sweaty from the fear of being rejected. One thing he didn't expect was for L/N's reply to be immediate.

[F/N L/N]

[ Oh yeah, does tonight after work sound good?]

"I'm the one asking here, not you" he huffed under his breath. He didn't expect L/N to actually follow through with their plans, but surprisingly, she did.

[Tohru Adachi]

[ So, where are we going to eat then]

[F/N L/N]

[ I hear Aiya's is very good, how about there?]

He laughed at how common her reply was. Everyone in town had eaten in Aiya's at least once, so for L/N to suggest that she hadn't eaten there yet was an insane idea to Tohru.

[Tohru Adachi]

[ Yeah, that sounds fine.]

[ So, 8' o'clock right?]

[F/N L/N]

[ Ah, yeah. That's a good time]

[ See you at Aiya's Ada-chan]

If Tohru had a drink right now, he would've almost spat it out immediately, "A-Ada-chan?, What the hell F/N..." he tried keeping back a laugh, but he couldn't help himself, something about L/N's stupid nickname for him made Tohru happy.

Tohru flipped his phone back into his pocket before he set off for another mundane work day. He couldn't help but have a stupid smile on his face throughout the day, optimistic of everything that would go on later.

Work finished a little bit earlier for Tohru today, maybe his more optimistic attitude helped him to perform better causing his work to be noticed by Dojima?

Slightly happier than usual, Tohru waltzed into Aiya's taking a seat on the nearest free table. It wasn't too long until L/N also walked in, causing a small but pleasant smile to spread across his face.

"Ah! Adachi, I'm sorry I kept you waiting!" L/N bowed deeply towards Tohru, who stood up to greet her.

"It's fine, I only just got here myself" He smiled at her, though for her, it was a genuine smile, not forced. "We should probably get our orders in, huh?" Tohru asked before taking a seat opposite L/N.

"Ah, Yeah!" L/N replied, picking up a menu and examining it. "Would you say the beef bowl is any good, Adachi?" L/N tilted her menu to the side to see how Tohru would react.

"Oh, that?" He retorted half-heartedly, since his mind was too preoccupied with many thoughts. "It's good I guess".

"I'll take your word for it then" L/N said as she signalled that they were ready to order. As quick as she motioned her hand, a girl, no older than a high schooler, approached their table with a notebook in hand.

"Welcome to Aiya's, what would you like to order" she rehearsed, her pen ready to write at will.

"I'll have a beef bowl with a beer please!" L/N enthusiastically spouted, turning her gaze to Tohru. "How about you Adachi?"

Tohru's eyes were locked on L/N, watching her every movement in awe, well, until L/N snapped her fingers in front of his face, bringing him back to reality. Analysing the situation, Tohru spluttered out "Same please" without even thinking.

"Okay, two beef bowls with beer coming right up" The girl said before turning around to hand the order behind the counter.

"So, Adachi. I finished my article from yesterday!" L/N started shuffling through her bag, until pulling out a couple of sheets of papers. "I was hoping to have your opinion on it!" She smiled at him, holding the papers out to him.

Tohru took the papers from her hands gently, making sure not to crease it. "Sure, I'll look through it". He scanned through the bundle, making sure to read thoroughly through parts that involved him.

Content with everything he had just read, Tohru spoke up to an eager L/N, "That's amazing, how you managed to keep me completely anonymous whilst using everything I said" he smiled, passing the papers back to L/N.

"Ah, I'm glad to hear it!" She beamed at Tohru, causing him to blush slightly without knowing. "I tried my best to hide your identity, hearing you say that makes me feel a lot better".

Unable to reply to her bright smile, Tohru mustered up a smile for her, all those emotions he rarely felt always seemed to come back whenever L/N was around. He was truly starting to believe that she was his soulmate.

The two continued to smile at each other until they were interrupted by their food and drink being delivered. "Here are your orders. Please give us a wave when you're done. Enjoy!" The girl bowed to the two and left after placing their orders in front of them.

"Oh wow! This looks delicious!" L/N exclaimed, her mouth watering. Tohru reacted similarly except he knew what the beef bowl was like as he had dropped in to Aiya's a few times after finishing work, after being too lazy to even pour himself out a cup ramen.

"Let's eat then!" Tohru chimed, snapping the chopsticks away from each other and digging in to the dish in front of him with L/N followed suit.

After finishing their meals and paying, the two left Aiya's and walked down the dimly lit shopping district together.

"Thanks for today Adachi. It was nice spending time with you!" L/N stopped behind Tohru, ready to part ways with him. Well, before blurting out "It kind of felt like a date ha-ha...". Realising what she said, L/N's cheeks turned red.

"Yeah, it kind of did, didn't it" he chuckled, turning to face L/N. "But I think this will make it feel even more real" he leaned in and placed a soft kiss on her lips. L/N didn't resist again, surprisingly for him.

In fact, L/N was loving it all. The Midnight Channel was true after all. She threw her arms around Tohru, pulling him in closer, enjoying the kiss.

Before long though they had to pull away from each other but continued looking into each other's eyes longingly though. Maybe this was the catalyst to start their destined relationship?